Chapter 10. Drunk

"Hey? Where did your friend go?" asked Sally's mum, she had been watching television for a long time.

"Mum, he left ages ago! You're such an embarassment. Wait, are you drunk?"

"No! How dare you use such foul language."

"I only asked you if you were drunk, you've made me feel like some sort of orphan girl living with a mental mum! Why the hell would you act like that especially in front of Tommy?"

"Just get out before I'll do you some serious damage, just.."

Suddenly her mum falls to the ground.

"Mum!" Sally tries tries putting mum's arm over her neck.

"Mum, I'm calling ambulance. You stink and reak of strong alcohol."

"NO! I just need some rest, I'm tired."

"Okay, I'll be just upstairs, yeah?" She flees quickly before her mum could say a word.

'Mum's drunk, I don't believe it! Oh, why did Tommy had to leave at this time? Oh my god, my own mother. She's never had alcohol in her entire life, what was the need for her to do this? Something's definitely wrong. Dad's not here either, he's taking flipping ages. God help me, please.' Sally was worried, she was petrified and felt sick and got some sort of icky feeling. She watched the clock ticking pass by every second and wondering if her mother was alright downstairs. She knew one thing that her mum had a strong reason for drinking.

Three and a half hours later Sally had no choice but to call her dad. There was total silence downstairs but all she can hear is the television in the background.

"D-d-dad! M-mum, she-"

"Princess, slow down! I can't understand a word you're saying, what seems to be the problem?"

"Dad, mum's drunk!" She couldn't say anymore, she covered her mouth with her hand and tried not to let the tears flow.

"Right, I'm coming, Sally. Look after your mother."

Her dad hangs up.

'Please, hurry up. Come quickly, dad.'

Sally was scared and then suddenly she heard glass smash on the floor and a lunatic laugh. She was frighten of her own mother and locked her bedroom door. She kisses her skull necklace which Tommy had given her. It was a beautiful shine of every silver and everytime she wore the necklace it was like Tommy was next to her, whispering special and comforting words.

She hears the door being unlocked downstairs, 'Dad! Thank goodness.'

Sally unlocks the door and runs all the way downstairs.

"MARTHA! BLOODY HELL, WHAT'S GOTTEN INTO YOU?"

"Me? James darling, the answer is written all over your face."

Sally felt cold, it was rare to see her parents argue.

"You stupid dumb bitch."

She couldn't believe it, her father throwing swear words after swear words, this was scary as hell.

"Cheater! Oi Sally, come here. Don't be afraid," says her mother, Sally hesitates. "This man who is suppose to be your father is planning to sell the propery. He's planning on leaving us here to rot on the streets. I heard it with my own ears. He's loaded with money, probably has other girls on the run too."

"Now, now, Martha. I've explained to you hundreds of times. You're getting the wrong end of the stick, I would never leave my wife and daughter."

"Not a word!" Sally's mother scratches her dad across the face, she breaks a nail but continues. He tries pulling her hair and gripping her hands.

'My own parents, abusing each other? I don't want to stay here anymore.'

"This stinking alcohol has made you mad. I was simply talking to my mate Dan, call the office and check. He's the one planning to sell his house not me, I turned the mobile on speaker mode. Logic, Martha, logic."

Her mother drops herself on the sofa and smirks. Was she still drunk?

"Sally, just.. Your mother and I need to talk, don't worry."

Sally saw her father's face, there was a long scratch on his left cheek. It was bleeding. All because of a little misunderstanding. The orange juice tasted vile, she knew there was a tiny drop of alcohol in the drink.

She hurries herself upstairs again, switching off the lights and burying herself under the blanket. It felt like a safe place. She hated her mum for drinking and especially starving her. Sally hears her tummy rumbling and rubs around it, trying to comfort it. She wished she had a slimmer stomach like the models on the magazine and her "friends" (Gemma and Sophie). 'No wonder that I've never had a boyfriend. No attractive body then no love life.'

{PLEASE VOTE!}