one

wen junhui was a fuckboy.

okay, maybe not really, but, he was.

you see, junhui, known to others as jun, loved fucking around. whether it was school, work, or people. but mostly with people.

so yeah, he was technically a fuckboy, but he wasn't as much as a dickhead like the others at his school. he was very selective when it came to choosing his targets. but this time, oh boy.

let's just say he'll never let soonyoung pick for him again.

---

"what about that one, over there?" hansol suggested, pointing out a short-haired blonde girl.

"no, i don't want your leftovers," jun replied, putting stress on the word 'leftovers'. they did this at least once every week, the group picking out a new girl or boy for a member to go for. this week was jun's, and there wasn't much progress.

"what about him, over there?" soonyoung pointed out, nodding over towards a boy with a smirk.

the boy was tall, sporting light brown hair and speaking to a classmate, lee jihoon. like everyone else compared to the short boy, he towered over him as they both laughed at something one of them said.

"no, he'll just turn junnie down," seungcheol mumbled, clapping a hand over jun's shoulder.

"you sure about that?" jun asked, turning towards his friend and quirked an eyebrow.

seungcheol chuckled. "positive."

"okay, bet. twenty."

"twenty-five."

"let's do this then."

jun strode over to the two boys. jihoon caught sight of him first and scowled slightly before trying to tug the boy - minghao - away.

"don't go so fast, now," jun said cooly, sticking a hand in his pocket.

"what do you want, junhui?" jihoon sighed, ultimately giving up on dragging the younger boy away.

"just wanted to ask your friend something. hey," he tried getting the boy's attention.

minghao turned around with a roll of the eyes. he looked jun straight in the eyes and crossed his arms. "what?"

jun was taken aback by his tone, but continued nonetheless. "so, i was wondering if you were willing to go out with yours truly on saturday? how does 7pm sound?"

minghao glanced over his shoulder at jihoon, who mouthed a small 'fuckboy' in his direction, before turning back towards jun.

"sure, as long as you answer me one thing."

"anything." i've got this one in the bag, he thought. seungcheol better have his money ready.

"okay." minghao paused for a second. "what's my name?"

jun froze. he gulped, slightly visible, as he looked at the boy who was sporting a smirk on his face. he knew this would backfire in junhui's face.

"um, jinhwan?" jun stuttered slightly and tried to regain his composure.

minghao snorted and brought his hand under the boy's face, his palm under his chin and his thumb on one cheek, fingers on the other, squishing his face slightly.

"aw, nice try," he cooed, shaking his face slightly in his hand then letting go, almost pushing his face away. "but it's minghao. not today, boy."

and with that, the bell rang, and minghao and jihoon walked to their shared class together, laughing.

jun took a twenty out his pocket, as if he sensed seungcheol coming near, and the boy plucked it out of his fingertips and threw an arm around his shoulders.

"told you."

"yeah, yeah. shut it."