Wattpad Author Interview: @AsiaMoonfield

semiperfectgirl

@AsiaMoonfield - or, better known as Kishia to avid readers of her works - is the author of Hope of Morning, Saving Percy, The Lost Heroine, and a lot other Wattpaddian stories featuring the Heroes of Olympus series. I am a big fan of her, and that's why I decided to interview her for the first Author Interview!

Chalice (C): When did you join Wattpad?

Kishia (K): I think I initially joined WP back in 2014. I had quite a reputation after launching one book cover shop after another, though because of depression, I quit WP and came back only a few weeks after. This was last year, and now I guess here we are x)

C: What was your first Wattpad story, and why did you start to write it?

K: The first fanfic I've ever made (and somehow got done) was Hope of Morning. I've been chewing on that fic like way back in 2014 August and only had it finished last year. And yet it's still not done x) Why I started writing it... well, there was this one night when I couldn't stop linking the mythological ties of Geass (from the anime show Code Geass) to PJO--and then, there was the fic: set after Blood of Olympus, with the gods lost and nowhere to be found, the camps are in disarray and are being razed by a mysterious group, and only ten were presumed to be the only half-bloods left from both camps.

C: What is your book you're proudest of?

K: Just to be fair, I'm proud of all the fics I've written. There's always some part of me that will always live in those pieces, you know? But truth be told, The Lost Heroine and Hope of Morning both snagged the first place in that category. HoM because it's the first fic that compelled me to write, the piece that had so many different writing versions of myself--it's basically the piece where I grew up with, and helped me develop the writing style that I use now on TLH and most of my current fics to date.

C: "Saving Percy" is different from many other Percico; instead of Nico being the "broken" one, it's Percy. How did you get that idea?

K: It was actually a fic that I've adopted from @Opheliac_ so I guess, I'm not the right person to ask about it? It is such a nice idea, though. Very unique. And there are lots of wells for angst.

C: Do you ever get writer's blocks? What do you do when you get them? How do you get inspired?

K: I get a lot of that unwarranted subscription >.> People would usually say, stay away from your work for the meantime and replenish your bank of imagination and I can definitely tell that it works. You don't have to go searching for your muse (inspiration.) If you want to write effectively, it should be the muse coming to you. And that meant pleasing the muse when it hits you. Give your best shot. Be poetic. Make love with the words. Bleed out the angst if you have to. Be sure to leave an impression to your muse--and it will come to you. :)

Also: DON'T PRESSURE YOURSELF. PLEASE. TAKE ALL THE TIME YOU WANT WHEN WRITING. And don't let other people get in your way.

C: Are you going to continue The Lost Heroine as a series, like Heroes of Olympus?

K: Surprise, surprise. It will continue as a series. Too late to back down now, and I've promised @theolims a grand epic showdown featuring Aphrodite at Blood of Olympus.

C: Do you usually publish your chapters on a PC, or a mobile device? Have you used both of them? Which do you prefer, and why?

K: On a PC, usually. I tried several times on mobile and while it's super convenient especially if I just want to rant out, for stories... It's complicated. Sometimes, WP posts the right chapter on the wrong story--I don't even know how that happens but yeah. Glitches are the end of me.

I can't thank @AsiaMoonfield enough for agreeing to participate in this interview. It was an honour to converse with you.

-Chalice K. Ravenkey, @semiperfectgirl