Chapter 23 ~ Comeuppance

Harry's POV

     I drove as fast as I could with anger boiling up inside me. I'm actually a good driver so there's no way I could crash. I've been in plenty of high speed car chases. It's not really something to brag about but I'm just saying.

I finally reached my destination and I got out out of my car and slammed the door shut. I stomped up to the prick's house door and banged on it with my fist.

"Who is it?" He's annoying voice chirped.

"OPEN THIS F***ING DOOR!" I yelled, still banging the door.

He then opened the door. "Well, if it isn't my son."

Without saying a word, I went straight past him and into the house. He then shut the door with a fake innocent look on his face.

"What seems to be the problem, son?" He asked.

"Don't call me that." I growled.

"Aw, I just wanted to see what set you off. Did your bitch come back?" He said with a smirk.

I turned to face him with fury. "You knew she was coming so you sent Ethan to go after to her!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about." He said as he walked over to the couch and sat down.

My father really gets on my nerves. I can't stand the guy! No matter what, he will still be my father and it sucks!

"Don't give me that shit." I scolded him.

"Harry, there's nothing you should be mad about. You killed Ethan, congratulations." He said with that same annoying smile.

"How'd you—"

"I'm always watching. I've been watching her for the past two years."

My eyes widened. "You sick bastard!"

My father chuckled. "You would enjoy it Harry, really you would. You should've seen the things I've seen."

My hand balled up into a fist. Now I'm ready to beat the shit out of him.

"Aww don't be mad, you know it's true! Why don't you tell Carrie all about the fun you would have with women? Oh wait, they're all dead now aren't they?" He told me with an evil grin.

I didn't say anything. I know I should've, but I didn't. I just decided to walk out.

"Good talk!" I heard him call out before I slammed the door.

I'm such a pussy.

I hate to admit it, but he was right. All the things I've done with women, Carrie would think I'm a monster. Even though she probably already thinks I am.

I drove all the way back to the warehouse. Once I got there I saw all of them sitting there, except for Carrie. When they all looked at me, I asked where she was. They pointed towards the door of the room she must've be in. I entered the room and there she was, sitting on the bed.

She looked up at me and smiled. "Hi."

I couldn't really smile even though she made me happy, so I just sighed and went to sit next to her. I rested my elbows on my knees and locked my fingers together, looking down.

"Tired?" I heard her ask.

I just looked up at her and shrugged.

"So um..." She awkwardly started. "Is he dead? Ethan? Is he really gone?"

I sat up straight and tried to avoid looking at her, but failed.

"That bullet went straight through his head. It would be a miracle if someone could live through that. So yes, he's dead."

Carrie looked down and bit her lip. She looked upset about something.

She then finally spoke. "I-I'm sorry for yelling at you at the airport."

I looked at her and gave her a weary smile. "I deserved it." I said in a husky voice.

"You're a bit harsh on yourself, don't ya think?" She questioned.

I shrugged. "It's the truth. I really did deserve it after all I put you through."

Carrie didn't say anything, she just rested her head on my shoulder.

I'm guessing she probably agrees with me.

~YAAAAY I FINALLY UPDATED!! I'm so excited to write the next chapter! Also the picture I used for this chapter is supposed to be what he looks like now and can I just say this is my FAVORITE Harry hairstyle lol~