Chapter 9 : La Push

LAYLA'S P.O.V

i packed a beach bag with clothes to change into and my wallet.

I decided to wear a black low cut strapless bikini top and a purple tank with my sandals and my dark washed jean shorts (my dukes) I curled my hair ,got my ray band and my bag and was off.

"Mom is that okay if I go to La push?"

"with who?"

"some kids from school."

"ok, just be careful. What car are you taking?"

"Is my wrangler jeep here?"

"Yes it is full and ready!" My mother said handing me my keys and took off back into the kitchen.

I put all my things in the back and looked at me brand new car. Yeah no I didn't have this in nyc I had a mercedes and traded it in for this since I've always wanted one. I put on my seat belt and heard a knocking on my window to see seth looking a little upset. I cracked down to see what he wanted.

"Yes? can I help you?"

"Where the hell are you going?" he pulled the window down and looked upset.

"No need for language and I'm just going out with some friends, that's all!"

he started running to the other side and was about to open the door until I locked it and smiled.

"Very funny Layla, now open the damn door! I'm not leaving you alone."

"Seth, I'll be okay I promise just because we're mates doesn't mean you have to follow me EVERYWHERE!"

"I need to protect you!"

"I'm fine I'll call you if anything happens. "

I drove off and lost him going different ways. I turned on my smart screen and clicked on local areas.

"Find La push." It then gave me a map and verbal directions and in no time 

i was there.

"Hey Guys sorry I'm late!" I hugged Colton and my new besties. Of course Tristan was there and the devil himself and he just smiled and winked at me. I looked the other way and talked to brooke and khloe. I didn't want to tell them yet and my parents have already talked to the school but there were others here.

"BABY!!!" i turn to see a girl in a very tight short two piece and run to Dylan as he caught her in his arms. Her name is Zoe with platnom blonde hair and everything else about her is fake and I do mean everything! along with her friend mia who has brown hair and flirts with Tristan as he winks at her and whispers something in her ear.

"We'll... before I throw up...( they turned and looked at me) I'm gonna surf!"

I took off with a board caught some pretty decent waves.

after a while I just chilled with my friends floating on my back in the water when I heard a scream!

"what was that?!" I looked around and saw a huge splash in the distance. I took of swimming as fast as I could (good thing I took a cpr courses and was a lifeguard over the summer) once I got to the spot Paul popped up from the water extremely close to my face

"well hey." he said winking at me.

"what the hell is wrong with you?! do you have a death wish?!"

"Layla please Seth doesn't scare me."

"What? No! I meant you jumping off of a freaking cliff!"

"oh we do that all the time as a matter of fact (he looked up and got big eyed) look out!" he grabbed my by the waist a flung me closer to the shallow end and swam to where I was at.

he grabbed both my shoulders looking me in the eyes.

"you ok?"

"that was so cool!" we looked to see quil swimming towards us.

"hey I'll be right back..."

" ok." they both said as the rough housed and tried drowning each other. I think I might try that cliff jump.

I told my friends I'd be back.

as soon as I got there I saw sam who nodded giving me the ok.

"you sure you want to do that?"

" why not right?" I looked down and saw Paul and quil yelling at me mainly paul

"LAYLA! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" I waved and smiled my big smile

I looked around at the scenery and smiled

" Layla you're gonna get yourself killed!" yelled Colton

I tuned around to see sam just shaking his head.

"what? I'm just enjoying the view!"

"that's when I heard him... it was seth

" LAYLA! GET OFF OF THAT DAMN CLIFF NOW." seth said running towards where we were with Jacob behind him

I only had my back but could sense/hear/smell who was behind me.

"Layla." his voice was cold and emotion less

I was turning to face him but slipped on a rock losing my balance and fell backwards screaming

"SETH!!!" he dived in right behind me but wasn't fast enough to get close to me I dove into the ice cold water and tried to reach the surface. Popping up only to be hit by a wave and being pulled farther away from everyone else. "S-Seth!" the last wave pulled me down further into the water and I had no more breathe in me to swim to the surface. I began blacking out and felt one last thing went through my mind... seth.

*********************************

(unconscious. .. again)

"Layla?! Can you hear me?! Damnit Layla!" said seth I knew it was him

" Is she gonna be ok?" I heard a girl say probably one of my friends.

I then heard colton say... faintly

"Let... Help....know.....CPR."

oh no seth please don't kill him. I tried to get up but I couldn't breathe and I was dying God please help me!!