✬♧6♧✬The art of deduction (Sherlock crossover)

Start from the beginning

Clint and Natasha simultaneously lifted their left hands and looked at their ring fingers. It wasn't an obvious mark, but to someone like Sherlock, it was possibly the most obvious thing ever.

"Sorry to interrupt your moment of enlightenment, but if you would retire to the lounge with me, Mrs Barton, I can answer all your burning questions." Sherlock said, then began walking down the hallway with Natasha following close behind.

"See you later." She turned and gave Clint a small wave before hurrying after Sherlock.

"Is he always like that?" Clint asked, after having stood in silence next to John for a while.

"Yeah. Attributes of a high-functioning sociopath." John replied, both of them still staring after where Natasha and Sherlock had just went.

"Erm, Agent Barton, can I ask a favour that you'll return this secretly to the Director and pretend nothing ever happened?" John shifted uncomfortably on the spot and produced Fury's ID from behind his back.

Clint's eyes widened.

"How did...How did you-"

"Sherlock."

A small 'oh' escaped Clint's mouth as he came to a realisation that Sherlock was a reason and answer for just about anything when he's around.

While Natasha and Sherlock were enjoying each other's company, Clint and John decided to head to the cafeteria to have a drink together.

"So, what brings you and Mr Holmes here?" Clint asked after taking a sip of his coffee.

"Oh, Director Fury requested our insights on some cases. Also, a new experience for us - you know, the different system and way of handling things." John explained while stirring his tea with one hand and gesturing with the other.

"So, how different is it? S.H.I.E.L.D's not a very accurate representation of the NYPD though."

"Well, back in London, Sherlock runs the show, more often than not. The police are actually at his disposal." John chuckled.

"Wow, it must be hard working with such a brilliant mind then." Clint mused.

"You should try living with him. He occasionally shoots at the wall and plays the violin."

Clint's eyebrows shot up in disbelief and amusement, "Partners and flat mates, convenient."

"How about you and Miss Roma- Mrs Barton? Are you both field agents? She looks more like one to have a desk job."

"Please, call us Clint and Natasha. And you're catching up to Sherlock in your deduction skills it seems. Indeed, I'm a field agent while Natasha works as consultant on psychological matters, so yes a desk job." Clint smiled at his new friend.

"I heard you were in the military before you became Mr Holmes' partner, how about some shooting practice at the range?" Clint offered.

"A marvelous idea." John smiled in reply.

---------------------------------------------

Hours later, Natasha and Sherlock had finished chatting, they headed off to look for Clint and John.

"Maybe Clint has brought Dr Watson to the archery range, that's his favorite place here." Natasha offered, looking up, yes literally up, Sherlock was even taller than Clint who was already almost a foot taller than her, anticipating a response.

"Shooting range." Sherlock replied.

"Hmm?"

"Mr Barton has brought John to the shooting range."

Natasha was about to question how he could be so sure but decided against it, he was Sherlock Holmes, after all.

And sure enough, the duo found Clint and John at the shooting range, both with ear plugs and protective glasses on.

They were just finishing, removing their gear and pressing the button to bring forward the targets to look at their results when Natasha and Sherlock sauntered over.

Natasha wrapped her arms around Clint from behind.

"Hey Sweetheart, how was your chat with Mr Holmes?" Clint asked, glancing from the target and smirking at his accuracy, to Natasha.

"It was great. Mr Holmes was the one who deduced that you had brought Dr Watson here." Natasha said, still in awe.

John walked over to Clint's side to take a look at his results, and was also in awe, seeing as Clint had hit the target right in the middle for all his rounds.

"I've got quite a lot to learn from you, Clint." He chuckled.

"He never misses." Natasha added with a smile from beside Clint.

The four of them then decided to have a meal together since they had made quite an acquaintance.

"It was our utmost pleasure to have been acquainted with both of you. Thank you for your hospitality." John thanked Clint and Natasha as they were parting outside the restaurant.

"It was ours too." Natasha replied politely with a warm smile.

"Enjoy the rest of your stay here in New York." Clint chimed in.

Then everyone turned to Sherlock, expecting him to say something. Instead, he gently picked up Natasha's hand and placed a chaste kiss on it before saying, "Well, John and I will be on our way."

The next thing they knew, Clint and Natasha were staring after Sherlock's coattail and John turning back to give them a small wave.

A blush finally found its way to Natasha's cheeks as she looked at her hand.

"Now, don't go blushing like that in front of your husband." Clint playfully tutted and feigned hurt.

"Hmm, let me see, I deduce that you're...jealous!" Natasha said smugly, proud to show off her newly learned deduction skills.

"It wasn't that hard to tell, was it?" Clint shot back, shaking his head with a smile, before kissing Natasha on her temple.

The couple walked towards the subway hand in hand, ready to end their day.

🌿⚓️🌸❁🌸❁🌸❁🌸❁🌸⚓️🌿
Thanks for reading! Do vote and comment! Stay awesome xx

This is my favorite chapter so far, aye Sherlock and John make an appearance!!! Satisfied with this crossover chapter!

Anyone notice the reference of Sherlock pickpocketing Fury? (He says he pickpockets Lestrade when he's annoying)

Anyway if you haven't watched bbc Sherlock then I highly recommend you to!