Chapter 34: Choices

Maddie's POV:

"So, if you don't know if she feels the same way, why stay with her? You should be sure about how she feels about you." Kalani says

Maybe she's right. I should begin to move on from Chloe. If I don't even know how she feels about me, why be with her?

"I guess you're right, Kalani." I state

"That's what I'm talking about!" She says, setting her hand on my shoulder.

I'm beginning to like Kalani. She's so gorgeous. She has these spectacular brown eyes that you'll get lost in. An-

I get cut off by my bikini strap sliding down my shoulder. I make eye contact with Kalani. She then leans in for a kiss.

Right before our lips make contact, I speak.

"I can't do this!" I shout, then I stand up, Kalani looking confused.

"What do you mean?" She asks

"This! I'm not over Chloe yet!"

"Maddie, you'll have to get over her sooner or later!"

"It's not that easy! We just broke up literally, yesterday?"

"Maddie I-" Kalani begins, but I cut her off.

"Sorry, Kalani. I have to go." I say, walking out of the sauna.

I'm not ready to get over Chloe, and I don't want to either.

+++
I wake up with the room empty. Looks like everybody left. I check my phone and see 2 texts.

One from Kalani, and one from Chloe.

K💕: Hey Maddie. Sorry about last night. Want to hang out today?

Chloe💘: Hey Mads. I'm so sorry about the other day. I hope you can forgive me. I just miss seeing you, and hearing your voice...

I have two choices. Kalani, or Chloe.

I choose Chloe.

I have to. I have to stay loyal to her.

And it's obvious that we have mutual feelings for each other now, or she wouldn't have reached out to me.

                         So sorry Kalani! I can't today.
                                            Maybe tomorrow?
                                                     Read 9:30am
Okay, I undertstand
that you're busy...

After I reply to Kalani, I open my texts with Chloe.

                            I forgive you Chloe. You did
      nothing wrong in fact. I understand your
                   reasoning of doing what you did.
                                                     Read 9:45am
I'm happy you forgive me. I
hope we can put this aside us
and become close again❤️
                                               I love you Chloe.
                                                     Read 9:47am
I love you too Maddie❤️

I tell Chloe "I love you" randomly all the time. Mainly because I want her to know that she's loved.

By me.

                                  +++
{I have an idea that I've been meaning to post about! So there are a lot of good books I have been reading that don't get enough credit! So if you have a fanfic with under 2k reads, comment if you want me to shout it out in a chapter! This way, it can help a reader who has trouble finding a good book, and help author's struggling to get their books out there!

All of the books will be announced in the chapter after next!}