Part 9

I get ready for work at 9am local time. My kids have just gone to bed at home, but I smile knowing my wife is still awake. I realize I have time so I grab my iPad and call my wife on FaceTime.

I smile as her face pops up on screen. "Hey."

"Hi." She smiles back at me.

"How was your day?"

"Good. I got my sculpture finished."

"You did? That's awesome babe." I smile.

"You want to see it?"

"I do!"

She laughs as she goes off screen and shows me it. I blush as I see it. It's a sculpture of my torso.

"What do you think?" She asks turning the camera back to her.

"I love it. No one knows that chest better than me than you do." I smirk as she laughs.

"I miss you."

"I miss you too Jill." I smile sadly.

"Just a few more weeks and you will be home."

"Yeah. And we can start repairing our life."

"We have already began that and have made amazing steps."

"We have. I can't thank you enough for letting us repair our marriage."

"I just needed you to wake up."

I look over at the time. "I should uhh get ready for work."

"Yeah I should get to bed."

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"I'll talk to you later."

-----------

Later that day after doing an interview with popsugar I go back to my hotel room ordering room service as a late lunch and getting into sweats ready to talk with my family. I here my iPad ring just after my food was brought up. I smile seeing it's Jill.

"Hey!" I smile sitting down.

"Dad!!" My three children yell excitably.

"You guys getting ready for school?"

"We are. Mom said we could FaceTime you once we were ready so we hurried so we could talk to you." I smile seeing how excited they are.

"I miss you guys."

"We miss you too."

"I'll see you soon, ok?"

"Yep just a few more weeks it's on the calendar." Tee says showing me the big calendar.

"Ok guys say goodbye to dad we don't want to be late for school." Says Jill offscreen Tee hands Jill the iPad after they say goodbye.

"I'll call you when I get done dropping them off at school." Says Jill smiling.

"Ok I'll be waiting." I smile. "I love you."

"I love you too." She says before the call ends.

--------

A/N I'm so so so so sorry for not writing like this whole summer. To be honest I had little want to write for some reason which is weird. It's not just this one. I have ideas for all three of my stories and a second part to When Dreams Become Reality because let's be honest I miss writing it. I do have some questions that I want your help with. I'm debating on either making the second part more about Lily and Derek Houghs relationship with of course Sam and Patrick and Company. Or focusing on Sam and Patrick after the epilogue. That one I already have an ending for and it's sad and beautiful at the same time. Let me know what you think. I am working on my other two stories. When Our Paths Cross will probably be very mature chapter. And I'm not sure what's next for In Good Times and in Bad.