Chapter 6

{Hazel}

Yesterday was our first training session so we had today off. For breakfast I had a smoothie and a muffin. You should see the table in the dinning room at breakfast. Blake was actually eating bubblegum ice cream! Ivy was sitting beside him (of course) laughing. I saw Lois talking to West. What the...? I thought. She looked like she was getting worked up about something. I talked to Dan for a little bit, but I had a bad feeling, so I left.

After breakfast I decided to go to the library again and get the next book in my series. As I was going through the shelfs I felt a sharp pain in the back of my neck. Then another on my arm. I looked down to see a damn sleeping dart in my arm! I quickly pulled it out and the one in my neck. But I wasn't fast enough. I felt woozy, and then everything went black.

When I woke up I was exactly where I was before: the library. Everything seemed normal. There was no sleep darts and nobody else in the room. But something was off. I could tell. I went to the elevator and back down to floor one. I realized it was eerily quite. The halls echoed as I walked down them. The whole house seemed dead and empty. I walked into the dinning room. It looked like everyone had just disappeared because the food was as they had left it. Suddenly the power went out. The only light was coming from red emergency lights. Then I heard a blood curdling screech coming from near by. I started running as fast as I could to the door, only to smack into something else and land on the floor. In front of me was West. I had never been so happy to see him. "West! What's going on?" I said frantically. "I probably know as much as you do. Now c'mon we need to get out of here." We both started running to the door. We were half way there when something blurred past me and knocked West about 15 feet into a wall. There was a dent were he hit the wall and also fire. I looked around ready for whatever had hit him to come get me too. But nothing did. The whole room was engulfed in flames. And West was knocked out. Useless, I thought bitterly. Although I kind of felt worried about him. I tried dragging him through the rest of the way but the smoke was too thick and I could hardly breath. I got down on my stomach and tried to put out the fire but my powers weren't working. I lied down on the floor struggling to breath.

Next thing I knew I was on grass coughing my lungs out. West stood above me looking completely unharmed. Well, of corse he was unharmed his power was fire! "You ok?" He asked me. I nodded slowly still trying to get my breathing right and stop coughing. The whole school was now on fire. I was so mad at my self. Why weren't my powers working? "What do we do?" I struggled to talk. "I guess we should just walk, I mean, they couldn't get that far right?" He suggested. I didn't have a better plan so that's what we did.

After about 10 minutes of walking we heard the screech again. The same one I heard inside. I saw a black figure run through the trees. Then another one, and another one. They were everywhere. I must be dreaming I thought, but no. I could tell when I'm dreaming. One of the black figures limped towards me. It looked like it was made of black smoke, except for its pure red eyes which didn't even have pupils or anything. Then it screeched opening its mouth to show jagged-sharp needle teeth. I backed away in fear. It was the most terrifying thing I had ever seen. I launched itself at me but West jumped on me knocking me out of the way. We scrambled to our feet only to feel something wiz by our heads. We turned around and I saw Mr Luthor, my trainer and a women who I think was Lois's trainer. Mr Luthor had a bow in his hand and an arrow aimed right for West. "Not us! Hit them!" I yelled pointing at the smokey things. But they ignored me. "You should have learned to control your powers West." Said the woman. "And don't worry, we have already taken care of your friend Lois." I stared at them in horror. They both smirked. "Now it's his turn." They pointed at West. Mr Luthor aimed the arrow and let go. I screamed as I watched the arrow shoot through his chest