Chapter 3

{Lois}

I sat on my bed thinking about everything that had happened. I remembered the look on my trainers face when she saw my glimmer or whatever was silver. She looked shocked and a little freaked out. With my blue eyes, I though it was pretty cool! I had brushed the dirt and twigs out of my blonde hair and put it in a pony tail. I also changed in to black jeggings and a areopostale tee shirt. It's kind of weird if you ask me that my dresser was full of clothes my size. I jumped off my bed. It was a circle bed, and it was floating. Yup, floating. My room was navy blue and had a gray ceiling and a gray carpet. There was thick fog that was up to my ankles. My ceiling was at least 2 stories high. My room resembled a thunder storm. Probably because that's what my power was. Storms, tornados, earthquakes, lightning, whatever. I was litterly a natural disaster. My circle bed floated back to the top of my room. I wondered what that boy I met earlier was doing. After he showed me my room he left to go train. I thought this place was to good to be true. I smiled and decided it was time to explore.

I walked down the hall and smelled something delicious. I realized I haven't eaten anything since this morning and it was probably around 6:00 right now-dinner time. I smiled and started walking when I got a bad feeling. It's that feeling you get when you are watching a horror movie and you know something bad is about to pop out. Then somebody grabbed me from behind. With out thinking I turned and kicked them in stomach sending the person flying backwards. I stared in shock when I realized who it was. It was the boy from earlier. "I am so sorry!" I said and ran over to him. He sat up kind of in shock. "Whoa I was just coming to tell you its time for dinner!" He said. I helped him to his feet and tried to hide my smile. It was kind of funny actually. "I take it the rocks do something to your physical abilities too?" I asked. "Yup. You know I never did get your name. Mines Chase, incase you were wondering." We started walking towards the elevator.

"Lois" I said. "What's for dinner?"

He grinned. "You'll see."

I walked into the kitchen and my eyes went wide. There was a huge glass table with all kinds of food. Lobster, pizza, fries, roast beef, spaghetti, I couldn't wait to see what dessert was! I sat down on a blue fuzzy stool and grabbed some fries. Hazel sat down next to me. "Hey!" I said "Hey! Have you seen your room yet?"

"Ya it's cool, yours?"

She smiled. "My floor is water.... and I have a pet dolphin!" I started at her mouth open. "You got a pet? Lucky!"

"Ya her name is Aqua. You should come check her out later!"

"Ok, I will." I promised. Chase sat on the other side of me. "Chase, this is Hazel."

They said hi to each other and we talked for a while. I saw Dan, Ivy, and Blake all hanging out. "I'll meet up with you guys later." Said Hazel. "I'm going to find the library." She walked out of the room along with a few others who had finished. "C'mon. Chase whispered to me. "I want to show you something."

"Ok. I give up where are we going?" I asked as we started walking up stairs. We were already on the 3rd floor. "Did you know storm rock affects animals too?" He asked me ignoring my question. "I do now." We reached a door at the top. He opened it up and we walked through. I saw the prettiest view I had ever seen. We were standing on the roof looking out at the forest below us that was brilliant shades if red orange and yellow leaves, and went as far as i could see. The sky was pink because of the setting sun. "Something tells me you come up here all the time." I said to Chase, glancing over at the lawn chair and pile of books and CDs beside it. "Ya it's my favourite spot." He looked out at the trees and let out a piercing whistle. A few seconds later something flew out of the forest and headed towards us. It looked like a Boston terrier with blue dragon wings. It landed on the roof and walked over to Chase. "Lois this is my dog Sparky. He was hit by a storm rock." Chase told me. "Mrs Mercer lets us have pets, but they can't leave our rooms. And my room is to small for Him. He needs room to fly. But I also worry about him. There is other stuff in that forest, Lois. Dangerous stuff." He said.

"Like what?" I asked. He didn't answer, so I changed the subject. What's your power Chase?" I asked.

He turned and smirked at me.