6. Enough

3 weeks went by as Marley did her daily routine. She was still close with Jacob and Ray. Prod had quit picking on her after he saw all of her cuts and scars. He felt he had caused her pain.

However, Roc kept taunting Marley every chance that he got. Jasmine moved on with someone else. Jasmine thought Jacob was pressed over Marley and she didn't have the time for him or his nonsense.

It was another Friday and everyone was in Science class talking until the teacher had gotten the classes attention.

"I'd like for you all to quiet down. I have some good news!" The teacher said.

The class got quiet immediately.

"Good. Now that I have your attention, I want to tell you all about your science fair projects! I will be putting you with 2 others in the class so you can all work together and get this done within the time allowed!"

"Alright..Now that you've gotten that out of the way, what's the good news?" Keenan asked.

The class laughed at Kennan's stupidity.

"That was the good news Keenan....Anyways, I've already chosen who you will be grouped with just check the bulletin bored over to the right and get right to work asap."

Jacob got up and walked over to see who he was partnered up with and Roc, Ray, Keenan, Prod, and Marley followed.

"Ray and Keenan we're working together." Jacob said sighing.

Jacob secretly wished that he could've worked with Marley and Ray because he knew Keenan was a clown and would make him and Ray do all of the work.

"It's about time I get partnered with the smart kids!" Keenan said rubbing his hands together.

"Marley and Roc we're working together." Prod said smiling at Marley.

Prod was happy to work with Marley because that gave him the chance to make it up to her after being so rude towards her. However, Roc was ready to trip when he found out he had to work with her.

"I have to work with her?! Out of all of the cuties in here, I have to work with this?" Roc said laughing.

"Roc stop being an ass and lets just get to work, ok?" Prod said grabbing his assigned papers.

Roc sat down across from Prod and started talking.

"Look, I'm not trying to spend 2 weeks on this project. We are gunna meet up every other day after school so we can get this done as soon as possible. I'm a busy man."

"Shut up Chresanto." Prod said laughing.

Marley laughed along with Prod.

"Why you laughing monkey?" Roc asked Marley.

Marley stopped laughing and looked down.

"That's what I thought."

"Anyways Roc and Marley....We can meet tomorrow at the library and get started. We can choose our topic then." Prod said paper clipping the papers together.

"Uh...I can't." Marley said.

"And why can't you? I know you don't think me and Prod doing all the work!"

"Chill out Roc. I'm sure she has a good reason why she won't be joining us tomorrow."

"I have a class to teach at the Y. I can't bail.."

"What you doing? Teaching babies how to read?" Roc said laughing.

"I'm teaching a class of elders how to paint Chresanto."