23. Forever and Never

The next morning Jacob woke up early to start his last day off with Marley.

Dialing Liz's house phone she answered cheerfully:

"Hello Jacob!"

"Hey, Liz. Is Marley up?"

"She is! We're eating breakfast right now. Would you like to talk with her?"

"Yes, please put her on the phone."

Handing Marley the phone, she stood up putting her plate away walking to another room..

"Hiii, mi amor.."

"You sound excited Ms. Crazy Girl"

"Trying to be.. It's my last day with you for three more months."

"Those will be the fastest three months of your life babygirl, I promise.."

"I miss Stormer, Val and Trevor!"

"Who's Val and Trevor?"

Jacob was seething.

"You met Val when you signed in.. Trevor is Stormer's boyfriend.."

"I thought Stormer liked Ray?"

Marley never told Jacob about what had happened between her and Trevor and she was soon about to catch herself in a lie..

"She does but Trevor is just there.. You know what I'm saying?"

"Uh huh.. But anyways back to us, I have our day planned and everything, I hope you're ready for your best last day!"

Jacob laughed at his stupidity

"I'm on the way, be ready.."

He hung up the phone and Marley squealed with excitement running upstairs to her room at Liz's house.

Tossing clothes left and right she was mind boggled. She didn't know what to put on..

'Maybe these white jeans and this jersey would be cute' – she thought to herself.

BEEP BEEP

Marley peered out the window to see Jacob parked in the front yard. She gave him the 'just a minute' finger and slipped her clothes on combing the little bit of hair that has grown since the incident.

Rushing down the steps, Marley yelled out;

"I'll be back before we leave Liz, I promise!"

Liz motioned for Marley to leave and continued to jot down in her notepad.

Jacob stood outside of the car on the passenger side and open the door for Marley, and closing it after she got inside.

"So where to?"

She asked smiling as Jacob stepped into the car.

"Have you ever heard of mejor momento de su vida?"

"Uh no.. Am I suppose to know what that means?"

"It means, best time of your life, which is exactly what you will have."

"What do you do at this mejor momento de su vida place?"

She spoke slowly trying hard not to mispronounce or misplace words.

"You have the best time of your life. No explanations."

Jacob drove at a steady rate and arrived minutes later parking on the opposite side of the street.

Marley stared at the gigantic building and looked back at Jacob.

"In-door sports?"

"With trampolines, a ball pit, and dodgeball."

Jacob looked at Marley's child-like smile.

"Did you say dodgeball?"

"Yes I did."

"What are you waiting for?! Let's go!"

Jacob and Marley stepped out of the door at the same time. She didn't hesitate to wait for Jacob to open the door for her she did it herself, excitedly.

"This is going to be soooo much fun! You're going down and you know you are! I used to play dodgeball with some kids early Saturday morning at the community center.."

Marley's voice treaded off as she thought about how everything must have changed at the community center when she left..

"Another surprise.."

"Another?"

"MARLEEEY!!!!"

Marley turned around startled at the sound of Ray, Craig and Chresanto screaming her name in unison.

She instantly got happy and grabbed them all in for a group hug.

"You look great!"

Craig said looking Marley in her eyes.

"Back it up, son."

Jacob joked wrapping his arms around Marley.

"You know I'm just messing around.. You do look very beautiful Marley."

"Thank you."

She said smiling at Craig then looking over at Chresanto.

"It's time to get this party started!"

Ray said childishly, heading towards the ticket booth.

After purchasing their tickets everyone grabbed their socks and headed towards the dodgeball pit first.

"Two on two? Somebody's sitting out.."

"I'll sit out."

Jacob shrugged sitting to the side.

"Marley and Chres versus me and Craig!"

"Oh c'mon man! Every time you and Craig on the same team y'all always win!"

Chres complained.

"Don't worry Chres, we got this."

Marley said stepping in the pit grabbing a few balls.

The first two rounds, Ray and Craig won. But that wasn't the end of it, Marley and Chres came back and won the next 3.

Jacob was so happy to see Marley having a good time he kept wondering what he would do now that she was leaving for three more months..

He couldn't let her go.

He couldn't let her go back.

Forever and ever seemed to be coming to an end.

And quick....