Wait-how?

Lindsey awoke quite similar to Stevie; to the heartbeat of his son. To him it was a beautiful sound, meaning that the worst was over and things would only get better from here.

"Hey," Kristen rubbed the back of his head, "oh and judging by your sleeping position I would suggest not moving too quickly." She giggled. "Thanks," he smiled groggily and slowly sat up, his back cracking causing him to wince in pain. "God, I'm getting old," he groaned, causing Kristen to burst out laughing, stopping when her stitches started to pull. "Are you okay?" Lindsey asked, seeing her clutch her stomach. "Yea, I'm just sore," she answered, relaxing and sinking down into the bed. "I'm sorry, sweetheart. Can I get you anything? Medicine?" Lindsey asked, needing an excuse to check on Stevie. "No, thank you. I'll be alright," she smiled thankfully. Lindsey nodded and kissed her head. "Thank you for being so good to me," she smiled sleepily. "I'm sorry for not being there lately," he rubbed her hand, looking down into his lap. "I won't do it again."

Stevie's Doctor and nurse were finally able to help her regain consciousness after they dropped the bomb.

Taking a few minutes to recuperate, she got her wits back. "A b-baby? I d-didn't even know," her voice shaking tremendously. "I figured as much, speaking as we did find significant levels of alcohol in your blood tests." The doctor replied.

She immediately broke out into tears. How could she not have known?? She felt horrible, absolutely horrible! She could've killed her baby! Their baby!
That's when it hit her.. Her and Lindsey we're going to have a baby. A baby.

"I don't know what to do," she sobbed, her nurse having to console her, but then another question popped into her mind. "How did I not know?!"

The nurse rubbed her shoulder sympathetically. "Sweetie, sometimes the baby positions it self further back next to the spine and it's harder to notice.. Plus with your age added to that..I'm sure you would only consider a little weight gain to be menopausal. This isn't your fault, you didn't know."

"B-but I didn't feel a-anything," her sniffles being intense from the amount of crying she was doing.

"Well Miss Nicks you don't need to be so hard on yourself this happens more than you know. I know this is all a shock right now but look on the bright side-you're baby seems to be perfectly fine." She tried to soothe her. "How far along am I?" Wiping under her eyes. She knew this baby's father was Lindsey, but she didn't know how long ago they were conceived.

"Almost seven months it seems." Her breath hitched in her throat. "A-are you s-sure?" She chocked out. Oh yea, this was definitely Lindsey's baby. "Almost 100% positive." She looked down at her stomach and gently placed her hands over it. "Is there anyone you need to call?"

"My mom, she's going to take care of me," Stevie said quietly, knowing her mother would not back away from her situation.

"Your mother? Honey that man that was in here earlier was your husband right?"

"No, he's-well it's a long story. But no, he isn't my husband," she replied. "Please don't tell him anything, I'm not ready for this to be out."

The nurse nodded, obviously confused. "Okay. I won't tell anyone anything you don't want me to. Unless it concerns your well-being. But listen, I'm not sure how long you have to get ready for this to be out..your baby will be here before you know it." She nodded.

Stevie nodded "Can I call my mother now, please?" She asked, not wanting to engage in more conversation. There was a lot to figure out and Stevie still hadn't processed the fact that she was going to become a mother in three months. The last thing she needed was for Lindsey to barge in there and pester her for answers.