1. Hell In Kitchen

The following book is written just for the enjoyment of writing. Don't go in too deeply :) Hope I make it an enjoyable ride for you all!

***

"Sex, money, power, fame

"Sex, money, power, fame..." Kuros hissed, and his nimble fingers extended out from his hands to leave a trail of goosebumps along Yuki's jawline. He breathed his words next to her arched neck, tickling her ear with the brush of his lips, and sent shivers throughout her body. The small woman's body staggered under his spell. A smile crept up his face. "Say it, and it's yours."

The abrupt whistle of the rice cooker startled Yuki out of her trance. Unable to form an answer to his questions, she stepped away from the daunting figure and blinked. Her thumb throbbed as blood gushed out from the knife cut, and stray thoughts fell away as she focused on the wound. Remembering the band-aid under the cabinet in the bedroom, she called out to her son, "Yuu-chan!"

"Yuki..." The demon beckoned her, frustrated at her distraction and with the way she ignored him. "Tell me your wish."

His question went unheard. The light on the rice cooker blinked, and she hurried to switch off the button and settle the noise. "Yuu-chan! Mama is waiting for the band-aid."

"Yuki, you have summoned me." Kuros blocked her way as she attempted to sidestep around the dark entity in the kitchen. "I'll grant you three wishes."

A thick dark drop of blood gleamed on Yuki's finger. Kuros' eyes twitched as Yuki brought her thumb to her lips and sucked on her thumb to heal the wound. The action captured him in a sensual way and waves of darkness wafted off Kuros' body, trapping Yuki in their wispy trails. A dark aura surrounded them. It caged them away from the reality and transported them to a different dimension.

"Tell me your desires." Kuros looked into her eyes and attempted to stimulate her once more. "Your deepest secrets. The unspoken wishes. Wicked fantasies."

Yuki gulped and a sense of calmness settled over her body. Her eyes lost focus as his words fueled colorful imagery in her mind. She saw her life pass through the lens of her eye and became a spectator of her own past. One by one, she relived her memories. The unexpected pregnancy, her growing fear, getting kicked out of her house, the struggle with raising a child alone, juggling high-school, and jobs. Even as she watched, it was an emotionless blur for her. Something irrefutable and unchangeable.

What did she want?

Kuros read her mind like the evil creature he was. He attempted to sniff out dirty secrets, haunting pasts, and childhood scars; but all the effort resulted in no output. All he saw was the face of her child. A young boy with a bright smile and a handsome face.

Troubled with her purity and the unidirectional nature of her thoughts, he pulled back from her mind and frowned. The tranquilizing effect he had put on her began to fade off. Her eyes regained focus and her irises shrunk as the darkness of the kitchen gave way to white light. Kuros knew it was his last chance to coerce out a wish from her. She would be too rational without the influence of dark magic. If he failed, the consequence of this on his perfect record could be devastating and reputation ruining. How could he let this taint his glorious past? It was impossible to believe that he could have lost his touch in mere three years of absence from Earth.

"Tell me, Yuki," Kuros growled, using assertion to push her to the edge. "Your child needs your attention. I'll give you money."

"Money?" Yuki tilted her head and addressed the demon.

"Yes...money. So, you won't have to work."

Yuki began to sweat. It was an indication of her conscious mind coming out of the comatose Kuros' demonic arrival had put her into. The moment she opened her mouth to answer him, Kuros pressed forward, eagerness evident in his actions. He waited for the words to come out of her mouth with narrowed eyes and vigilant ears. She'll wish anytime now...

"Shit, the chicken!" Yuki shouted, and broke their eye contact. She caught the glimpse of the overflowing water from the pot of boiling chicken and ran to switch off the gas.

A mix of anger and disappointment filled Kuros. He curled his fists and tried to maintain is composure. Was chicken more important than him? In a wild gesture, he was unfamiliar with, Kuros grabbed her hand, and swiveled her body towards him. The electric jolt halted Yuki in her steps and she gasped, facing the demon. It wasn't fear that lighted her eyes, though.

With a wicked tilt to her lips, she whispered, "I know what I need."

Kuros smirked, finally getting what he wanted. "Your wish is my command, Yuki."

"I can't afford a babysitter. Become Yuu-chan's best babysitter."