14

Alex was sitting on the balcony, drinking her coffee on her own. 

She didn't know what to feel. Since Allie, her usual adviser, had to take care of Kelley - Alex wasn't jealous at all, what happened to Kelley's sister was terrible - she had to figure out what was going on with her and Tobin on her own. She was relieved when she saw Christen sitting on the free chair next to her. Her and Press were good friends. They've been on the team together for several years now, and the green-eyed was very good with advises.

So Alex confessed what was going through her mind at the moment. Christen listened to her speaking about Tobin and the effect she had on her at the moment. When Alex finished her story, she saw that Press was smiling. 

- What ? Alex asked, confused. 

- Nothing, Christen said slowly. I think I just won a bet.

- You bet on me and Tobs ? Alex said, offended, as the dark-haired girl was bursting out laughing. You are a terrible friend, you know that ? 

- C'mon, I'm sorry, Christen replied. I'm looking forward to seeing you two coming out as a coupe in front of the rest of the team ! Pinoe's gonna be so maaaaaad ! 

- You bet with Pinoe ? Worse friend ever, Alex mumbled. And it's way too soon for that now. 

Christen finally took her seriousness back.

- Now, let's talk seriously..., she said, preparing herself for an ultimate psychology session with her friend. What's up with Tobin ? 

Alex was already blushing, so Christen began to laugh again.

- You're a terrible therapist, Alex said, half angry, half amused. 

- Sorry, you're just becoming a tomato right now, I couldn't help myself, the forward said playfully. So, you and Tobin are a thing ? 

- Let's say that I've been thinking about it for months now, and I think I actually might like her more than just as a friend... I don't know how she'd react if I tell her the way I feel. 

Running out of patience, Press stood up, her hands on her hips, a death glare right at Alex. The brunette was waiting for her answer. 

- I think that you have your chance, she finally said, serious as fuck. I mean, everyone can tell that you and Heath are making quite a pair. You two could make a great couple. Plus, Tobin doesn't seem to be insensitive to your charms... 

- Press ! Be serious for once ! Alex said. 

- Sorry. Go and ask Allie, I'm sure she's a way better therapist.

- Well, since Allie isn't in love with either me or Tobin, I can say that you are just the person I need to talk to ! 

- What do you mean ? Christen said, loosing her smile.

- Well, Allie isn't in love with her best friend. But you, on the other hand...

The green-eyed girl nearly chocked with her saliva. She looked at Alex in shock, trying to hide any emotion on her face. This clearly was a failure, because it just confirmed Alex's thoughts. 

- I'm not... in love with her ! Christen answered sharply. 

- Right, Alex whispered. So why is she trying to seduce you ? 

- She isn't...

- Kling saw your little games, Press. Be careful ; playing little games when you have feelings for your opponent isn't a very good idea. 

- I don't..., Christen tried to say once again. 

- Never mind, Alex said. It's getting late. We'll finish this conversation some other time.

***

Christen was heading to her room. 

The conversation Alex and her just had was playing again and again in her head. What if Alex was right ? What if she actually was in love with her best friend and was falling into a trap ? She couldn't afford Julie breaking her heart. She couldn't stand her playing with her feelings. Christen opened the door to discover an empty room.

Several minutes after she took her shower, someone knocked on her door. She put a cloth on her body, only covered with a bra and a pair of knickers. She didn't have the time to see who was at her door that she was pushed inside again. Her eyes connected with Julie's, who was looking at her like never before. Suddenly, Christen remembered that the defender and some of the girl were going to a nightclub tonight, and since it was midnight, they were back. Julie was drunk again, but this time she was feeling very well.

She pushed Christen against the wall. The brunette let a small moan before feeling Julie's lips on her neck, covering it by kisses. Even if she would've resisted, Julie was way too strong with alcohol on her blood. Christen, whose heart was exploding, tried to push her away, but it just increased the blonde's fierce. Julie's hands were running down Christen's body, caressing her hips, her back and finally her stomach. Felling the forward's abs against her, Julie couldn't resist in ripping the cloth away, tasting the warmness of Christen's - barely - nude body. 

Julie walked slowly away from her best friend, staring intensively at her lips. The green-eyed girl just stayed still, chocked by her so called *cinnamon roll* forwardness. Julie's face just went red as she realized what she did. 

- Julie, what the fuck ? Christen said angrily. 

She hated the fact that she couldn't stop their contact by herself. She would've wanted to have more power on herself, but today the blonde showed her that whenever she was around, that confidence in Christen would disappear. 

Julie bit her lower lip. 

- Oh, shit, the blonde said, looking at Christen's neck. I left my mark.

Christen's eyes went wide. She walked to the miroir, analyzing her reflection. An huge suction bruise was indeed on her neck, in the view of all. Christen let a big sigh go out of her throat, before turning to face Julie.

- Dammit, Jules ! What's wrong with you ? she yelled at her friend. 

- Well, good luck hiding it from the others, Press. See ya. 

Julie exited her room, and closed the door right behind her. Christen closed her eyes. "This "game" is taking too much space."