The Roommate and the date.

• Gewidmet To who ever's reading.

I lay on the bed for a good 20 minutes before the door slammed open. A shortgirl with light blonde hair stumbled in, cardboard boxes scattering around the room.

‘Em, Hello?’ I watch in amusement as the girls head snaps up to mine and a red blush spreads along her cheeks.

She quickly jumped up and smiled brightly.

‘Hey there, I’m Annabelle, just Anna for friends though.’ She says with a hint of southern accent.

I smile, ‘I’m Riley, friends call me Riles.’ She looks at the mess that was once packed neatly in boxes and sighed.

I kneel down and set the box upright. I start picking things up and placing them in the box.

Anna smiles at me gratefully and kneels down to help. While we were cleaning up, we talked. Anna’s actually a pretty cool girl. She may be a little too preppy at times, but I could tell we would become great friends.

We were just arguing about weather Burger king is better than Mc Donald’s when a knock on the door interrupted us. I glance up at the clock and swore.

I was meant to meet up with Selena and Jace half an hour ago.

I opened the door and smiled guiltily at my siblings. ‘I can explain?’ I said, but it came out more as a question then a statement.

Selena crosses her arms in fake annoyance, and I smile knowing I’m off the hook. I usher my brother and sister into the room and introduce them to Anna.

The rest of the day was spent unpacking and messing around with Selena, Jace and Anna. It seems I lucked out in the roommate department, Selena says her’s is in a very serious relationship with her fish, Fred and Jace says his like’s to lick people.

Such wonderful people.

 At around eight o clock we decide to go down to the canteen to get food.

‘What time does the canteen close at?’ Jace asks curiously.

I shrug, how am I supposed to know?

‘Usually 5, but they keep it open late for the first day of new terms.’ Anna answered.

When we enter, a girl with long brown hair waves Anna over.

Anna smiles brightly and drags us over to the table with her.

‘Maeve, these are my new friends and Roommate, Riley, Jace and Selena.’ Anna introduces us.

We all wave awkwardly, with our mom having cancer we never really found time to socialize. Anna was different, she just had this aura around her that was welcoming.

‘Hey’ Maeve says cheerily. She holds out her hand.

‘I’m Maeve, Anna’s girlfriend.’ I blink. Anna has a girlfriend? Not that I’m against that at all, but it’s just so… surprising.

Anna gives me an anxious look, I just grin at her and she relaxes visibly.

‘Well this is nice and all but I need food!’ Jace exclaims, I chuckle at him.

After we got food; which was actually quite nice. We all took seats around the table.

Anna and Maeve were bickering like an old married couple, which I must say is very amusing when I see Elliot walking out of the canteen.

I don’t know what possessed me to do it, but I quickly excused myself and followed him.

I saw him stop in front of a classroom, since the canteen was placed in the school building and not the dorms.

I grin at him, ‘Hey Elliot, fancy seeing you here.’ He turns around to face me shocked, his face quickly transforms into a smile once he sees it’s me.

‘Hey Riley, how’s your first day?’ he asks politely.

‘It’s good, real school starts tomorrow though.’ I say with a groan.

He laughs. ‘What subject do you specialize in?’

I look at him confused. Is he trying to ask me what subject I’m good at?

‘Em, English?’ I say but it comes out more as a question.

‘So, em.. considering we’ve only just meet…’ He trails off awkwardly. I smile him, nodding my head encouraging him to go on.

He bit’s his lip nervously and I can’t help but look at him slips longinly. Whoa, what?

‘So, what do you think?’ Elliot asks breaking me out of my thoughts. ‘What?’ I ask confused.

He cheeks had a pink tint to them. I mentally awh. He’s blushing

‘Will you go on a date with me on Friday?’ He mumbles. I smile so wide that I think my cheeks might split.

‘Yes, of course!’ I say too enthusiastically. ‘Um, I mean yeah, that’d be nice.’ I add in awkwardly.

He chuckles and slowly leans in. Is he, is going to kiss me? I start to panic, what if I’m a bad kisser I mean I’ve only kissed one boy. And I was five, so I don’t think that counts!

During my inner argument Elliots lips touch mine. He leans back and looks at me a breaktaking smile on his face. I couldn’t help but smile back.

I glance at my watch and sigh.

‘I gotta go.’ I say grudgingly.

‘Give me your phone.’ he hold out his hand.

I look at him weirdly but hold out my phone nonetheless.

He takes it and starts typing something in. He smiles at me.

‘Now you have my number.’ He says just as his phone rings.

‘And now I have yours.’ I chuckle and take my phone back.

‘See you on Friday Eli.’ I smile

‘Eli?’

‘Yup, I’m trying out nicknames for you.’ He smiles.

‘I like it.’ I roll my eyes.

‘Of course you would like it I came up with it.’ I say cockily.

He raises an eyebrow. ‘Bye Riley.’

I walk down the hall and call back, ‘See you later Eli.’

I smile to myself walking back into the canteen and joining my friends and siblings.

‘What’s up with the creepy smile?’ Jace asks in a slightly freaked out tone.

‘Oh nothing.’ I grin at him, anticipating for Friday to come already.

***

Sup guys, hope you enjoyed Chapter two. So you get to meet two new characters, wadda think? Yes Maeve and Anna are in a realationship. Problem, bro? Sorry about the sucky title, I'm really bad at making them up don't judge! 

Anyways, if your wondering a canteen is a cafateria, and Maeve is pronouce Mayve. 

Any more questions? So yeah, do you think I should continue? I'm not sure if this storys even good enough but ah well, yolo.

Thanks for reading:)

-Ash x