| Chapter 1 |

[..:::..]

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ (Y/n) didn't expect her day to go like this.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It had started normally enough.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She was, of course, late for her work as a teacher in a nearby school, but her students had brushed it off, since she would often excuse them when they were tardy. No, even when she was hit on by her less than desirable co-workers — that was a regular of six months.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Her whole day passed just like all others. She had a small pop quiz for her students -nothing too hard, she can assure- on the topic of (your favorite topic of your favorite subject), and had made her students to check their own papers so that she would be worry less later.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Even lunch had gone by without a hitch for her; she had spent her entire lunch break in the teacher's lounge, declining the other professor's offer to dine with them in favor of computing grades. 'Computing grades' being defined as 'playing Slenderman' but they didn't need to know that. One of her somewhat-friends had brought her a (favorite flavor) sandwich from the cafeteria when they got back.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Oh, you didn't have to buy me anything." (Y/n) said kindly to her fellow professor. Emilia, she realized, was the name that matched to the pretty pixie bob of gold hair. Emilia shook her head, smiling down at her seated friend. "It was no problem; I barely see you eating, so I was concerned for you. I hope you like the flavor I chose." Emilia said, leaning a bit closer.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Acting quickly, the secretive teacher slowly closed her laptop screen to prevent the blond from getting a peek at the game she was playing. When the laptop was down, you shot a grateful smile her way. "It's my favorite, actually. Thanks."

[..:::..]

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It was when she came home when everything went sideways.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She had been prepared to crash the moment she got home, maybe even ask BEN to make her some tea before calling it a night.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀But she was caught off guard when she unlocked her door to find darkness swirling around in her apartment, and to sense the presence of another person. She identified them as human quickly enough, and she could sense no superhuman traits lying in them.