1

Cartoonz woke to the softest sounds of scratches at the back porch door.

"Its that damn cat again," he mutters to himself. "I don't know how he keeps getting out."

Stretching and popping his shoulders as he walks to the back door and he's so tired he first thinks the soft faded blue light reflected under the door frame is from the moon.

But he opens the door, and standing there is neither animal nor human.

But a being bathed in gentle blue light, glowing from within. Water dripping everywhere.

"Are you a ghost..?" Cartoonz asks, not quite sure he isn't still dreaming.

"I'm a water spirit," the being corrects.

The night is long and heavy and all Cartoonz can make out of him is blue light, and something heavy that hangs off of him.

The spirit looks vaguely human.

"Are you having me on? This is a joke, yeah? There's no lakes or anything for miles." Cartoonz tries to look menacing but its just started raining and he's only wearing a pair of Captain America sweat pants.

Not the scariest thing out there.

The spirit lifts its head, water still going everywhere like the being is made of it.

"Hey can I come in," he asks. "Its kind of cold out here."

And just walks inside, just like that, without waiting for an answer.

"What are you doing here?" Cartoonz asks, and shuts the back door. A solid breeze was blowing in from across the yard.

"Well.." the being starts, bent over in Cartoonz kitchen and raiding his fridge. "We're all supposed to haunt something and I picked a pool but."

Popping open a soda can and turning face Cartoonz. "Good God man, you do NOT want to know how many people pee in a pool."

Cartoonz just crosses his arms. "I thought you said you were a water spirit. Now you're a ghost?"

"Ain't it the same thing?" The guy shrugs and drinks the soda.

Under the light of the kitchen the spirit looks less like a strange and unusual thing, and more like some guy who fell in a lake with all his clothes on, dripping water and seaweed everywhere, still fainting glowing blue.

His feet, now that Cartoonz is looking, somewhat transparent. As if they weren't really there.

"Are you a ghost?" Cartoonz whispers and takes a step back.

"Hey now," the water guy says, waving his arms. "Let's not go name calling here. Did I call you fox-face when I came in? No, I didn't. So theres no reason to.." He sighs and puts the can on the counter.

"Alright," he admits. "So I'm dead. Big deal. Everyone dies eventually. Just because I got my leg stuck under the pier-"

"You're really dead?" Cartoonz mutters, a bit spooked.

"I thought we established that?" The guy says, and turns to dig through Cartoonz's leftovers. "Name's Delirious by the way."

"Woah woah," Cartoonz tries to stop him. "Not my pie, I was saving that."

"For what, a rainy occasion?" Delirious asks, gesturing to the brewing storm outside. "Or were you going to wait until we both were dead?"

"H2O," Cartoonz warns.

"Delirious," the dead guy getting water all over his kitchen floor corrects, digging into the pie with his fingers.

"Fine." Cartoonz just shakes his head and pulls open a drawer. "Let me get the forks atleast. Who knows where your hands have been."

".. Good point," Delirious relents and accepts a fork. Then shares the pie.