Chapter 43 - BFF.

Before Carlos could finish listening, the officers let the person that they were interviewing out of the room and invited Carlos inside. They interviewed him about a robbery that happened in a suburban area, which wasn't surprising since they didn't care for murders in or around Schaefer. After being interviewed for almost an hour and being ruled out by the police, Carlos raced back to Schaefer to give Isaiah the news. When he arrived, he barged into the house and started looking for Isaiah.

"Where's Isaiah?" Carlos panted as he glanced at me.

"Upstairs." I replied, giving him a weird look.

Carlos jogged upstairs and barged into Isaiah's room, waking him up from his nap.

"Isaiah!" Carlos panted as he looked over him. "You gotta wake up, man."

"Hm?" Isaiah squinted as he looked up, still bundled under his covers.

"That bitch who we shot in the head identified you by yo' tattoos." Carlos panted as he paced back in forth in the room.

"You foreal?" Isaiah snarled as he lifted up in his bed, barely waking up.

"Nigga, do you think that I would lie about some serious shit like that?" Carlos snarled back in a serious tone.

Isaiah sat there for a second, then leaned to the side to grab his AK-47.

"Wait wait wait, what is you doing?" Carlos asked as he placed his hand on the gun.

"I'm going to murder that bitch before she rat my ass out!" Isaiah snapped.

"You can't do that shit, Isaiah!" Carlos said. "Not yet!"

"How much longer is you trying to wait, nigga?" Isaiah barked in a low tone. "By the time we go after her i'ma be in prison!"

"Listen. Lay low for a little while." Carlos said. "Then when 5-0 forget about her, we gone go in for the kill. Aight?"

Isaiah sighed and tossed his gun off to the side, shaking his head.

"Alright, man." Isaiah groaned as he laid back down.

When Carlos left and drove to his home, Noah stepped out of his room and looked out of the window. When he seen me on the couch, he walked behind me and stood there for a while.

"Hey I'm about to order some pizza." Noah asked me. "You like bacon on yours?"

"Yeah."

"Alright."

After going into his room to order the pizza for 5 minutes, Noah stepped back out and sat next to me on the couch.

"Aye Josh I uh.......I got something to tell you." Noah said in a low tone. "But you CANT tell Isaiah."

"Like what?"

Noah glanced a little up the stairs, then looked back at me.

"I seen my momma yesterday." Noah whispered.

"REALLY?" I gasped, stunned almost immediately. "WHE-"

"SHHHH!" Noah whispered as he scrunched his eyebrows at me and placed his index finger by his mouth. "It was at a prison that's a long way outside of here."

"Was she upset?" I asked in a low tone. "Did she find out about what REALLY happened?"

"Yeah she found out." Noah nodded. "But what she was really upset about was the fact that Isaiah isn't going to help me bail her out. She was pretty pissed about that."

"So what she say about it?"

Noah paused, then looked down.

"She said that since Isaiah didn't decide to help me out with the bail profit." Noah sighed as he got up. "But hey. That's his loss and that's what he deserves."