Chapter 30 - Damaged.

"Damn, these fucking officers won't quit!" Isaiah snarled, throwing his pen across the room.

"It don't matter! They ain't gone investigate no shit here, anyway." Q snarled. "They sell all of our asses out!"

"And the only reason why they investigating this murder is because its in the suburbs where them white folks are." Carlos snarled. "No offense to you, Q."

"None taken." Q snarled. "I don't claim my own kind."

"So what we supposed to do?" Asha snarled.

Carlos thought to himself for a minute, sitting on the couch next to A and bowing his head down a little.

"Let's try laying low and splitting up for a few days until this shit is over." Carlos said as Q and Asha lifted up, yawning in exhaustion. "The last thing we all need is for them to catch us all at once."

"Real shit." Isaiah snarled as he got up and headed out of the door. "I think that i'ma head home and stay inside for a few days. All of our houses look abandoned anyway so I'm pretty sure that they ain't gone be able to tell too much of a difference."

Isaiah said goodbye to Carlos and made his way to his house. When he got close to the porch, he seen a police car pull next to him.

"Isaiah!" One of the officers said.

"Oh my god what? What?!" Isaiah snarled as he turned around. "I'm not doing shit but walking home. What could y'all possibly want?"

"We just need to ask you a few questions!" The second officer shouted. "Trust us. It won't take long."

Everyone in the Schaefer neighborhood knew that Isaiah wasn't a snitch, so hopping inside of a cop car wasn't a biggie to him. He sat down in the backseat and watched as the police pulled out a small clipboard.

"Where were you on the night of September 25th?" The officer asked.

"I'm my house, chillin' like always." Isaiah scoffed in an agitated tone. "Why?"

"So why does something tell us that you were somewhere else on that night since a car similar to yours was seen at the house on the night of the triple shooting that left one person dead and the other two wounded?" The first officer asked.

"Y'all acting like someone can't have the same car as me." Isaiah snarled. "Is that all the evidence y'all trying to pin me on?"

"It's just surprisingly convenient that a car like yours would-"

"You know what, I ain't gotta take this shit." Isaiah snapped, lifting his hands up and preparing to get out of the car.

"Listen!" The second officer sighed. "We're just trying to see what you know-"

"Nah it seems like y'all trying to be slick and pin me onto some shit that I didn't do, that's what that look like." Isaiah growled. "Don't even try to play that 'white cop' shit with me."

The first officer sighed, looking out of the window.

"Isaiah, where were you when your little friend was murdered?" The first officer asked. "We know how close you were to him considering the fact that we've had both of you in run in's before."

Isaiah thought about Joey, then looked out of the window.

"I was with him." Isaiah sighed.

"And you lost him to gun violence, right?"

"Unfortunately." Isaiah groaned. "I even tried to shoot them in self defense and I didn't get any of them nigga's."