Suddenly famous

I'm not sure how it happened really. One minute I was sitting in my room, and  unpacking from my trip to Melbourne, to see my friends and the next I was being dragged out of my room, yelling a hasty excuse to my aunty, being dragged to the bus stop.

"uhhh... what are we doing?" I asked my friend Cassy. "You will NOT believe what happened when you were gone!" she practically screamed.

"What?" I said luaghing. She could be such a weirdo sometimes, but was usually queit.

"You know The Vampire academy series?" she asked. "Yeah" I said, knowing what's coming next.

"They're doing audition's for the movie from ages 12 to 19 girls!" she practically screamed. Again. In my ear.

"And you want me to audition with you?" I asked. Again, already knowing the answer.

She lurched forward just as the bus was visable gave me tight and suffocating hug and called down the bus. The whole way to Manly she talked really loadly and exitedly in my ear. I just nodded and smiled.

I quikly texted my aunty to tell her what was happening so she would'nt freak.

I had lived with my aunty for a while now after I moved away from my grand-mother in Victoria up to sunny NSW.

I was'nt really listening to Cassy and was suprised to see that we had gotton off the bus and where walking into a building.

Air-conditioning! My savior!

Suddenly nervous Cassy walked up to the main desk and asked her something. I was'nt really listening. Muffled sounds of girls vioces ad luaghter were coming from a door to my left.

Cassy gabbed my arm and a pen, from god only knows, and pushed me throught the door to a room full of exited teenage girls. Fun.

Instantly she pushed me down into a empty chair and handed me some forms and a pen. Was it just me or was I totally spacing out and being a pushover today? yeeep. Not just me.

I snapped out of it and took a better view of my surounding's. The room was full of chairs and girls talking exitedly, or some sitting there without saying a word looking professional. I fit into neither group.

The forms in my hands I discoved was only 1 as in no plural. It told me where to sign my name , DOB, and other stuff like guardians and stuff.

Sighing I set to work on the form to discover Cassy had finally shutup and took my example. Good girl.

We must of waited there for hours, while the room slowly started dissapearing of girls. There were about a hundred of us left when Cassy's name was called.

She gave me a thumbs up and walked out following the man that called her. After about 10 minutes the man came back in and called my name. No Cassy.

I started freaking out a little bit wondering where she could be. She LEFT me!

I walked ito a white room with  camera set up by a tired looking man and two chairs one occupied by an equally tired and bored looking man.

"Have a seat, Miss..." he started. " Blanc. Kiera Blanc" I offered.

He gave me grateful smile and handed me soe sheets of paper. "We will give you a minute to quikly read over them and then we want you to act out the scene with me."He said.

"Okay" I said quikly glancing down at the paper. It was a scene where a girl called Vasilissa was having a fight with a girl called Rose. Quikly going over the script I found out hey were best friends and the queen had just assualed Lissa and Rose had found out she was hanging out with Christian secretly. Okaaaaaay.

"Ready?" he asked. "Yeeep!" I said smiling. He started reading out Rose's lines which made me almost luagh, but I quikly covered it up and started to read.

When I had finished he called out "NEXT" to the guy who had led me here. I was suddenly shocked. Was I that bad?

"Call next week to see if you have a callback" he said ushering me out as he said so.

Have these people not heard of manner's?

I guess not.

As I walked out of the air-conditioned building into the hot street, Cassy instantly ran over to me.

"How did you go?" and without stopping for breathe or to let me get a word out she started up again. " I did AMAZING! I'm SO getting a call back".

It was weird watching normally queit Cassy go all spazz. She will snap out of it soon.

"Come on" I said dragging her across the road. "I wanna swim!"

As we made our way to the beach, while Cassy , still riding her high, went on and on and on, about how she was gonna get a callback.

A creeping feeling started in my stomach as she went on and on and on. Becuase I wanted a callback to. But it was a very small creeping feeling and was easily ignored. I had better things to do.

Like swim.