†† Chapter Twenty

Start from the beginning

               I turned around and stared at her. She looked afraid when I did.

               "Are we in China?" I asked Adam.

               He furrowed his eyebrows. "Just because a person is Asian doesn't mean the whole world is."

               "What is an Asian doing in Florida?"

               The girl raised her eyebrows at me. "Can we forget that I'm Asian for one second and tell me how you two just fell out of the sky?"

               "We're aliens," I quickly replied, "and we come in peace."

               "But you just said you were a necromancer."

               "Excuse me," I rolled my head and lifted a finger. "We don't need to explain anything. You are the one that needs to explain why you're out in the middle of freaking no where. Mind explaining that? Ms. Asian?"

               "I ran away from my home," she looked down, sadness filling her eyes.

               I dropped my shoulders. "Why did you do that?"

               "I'm sick of my parents. I'm sick of them treating me like I'm a slave. I'm not anyone's slave."

               My eyes bulged. "Girl, you need to work out your issues with them. Running away isn't going to solve anything. Where were you planning to go? China?"

               Adam smacked the back of my head. "Stop that."

               "I don't know. I took a road and then I got lost. I just kept walking, not really caring where I was walking to. Anywhere but here."

               "But you could die out here, don't you know that?"

               "Yes, and I also know that I just witnessed two aliens falling from the sky."

               "We're not aliens," Adam reassured her.

               "Then what are you?"

               "We're Americans," I said proudly.

               "Speak for yourself," Adam scoffed.

               "And he's British," I motioned at him.

               "Stop avoiding my question. Why did you fall from the sky? Why didn't you die when you hit the ground like you were supposed to?" She asked.

               I looked at Adam and he shrugged. "I'm a necromancer. It's hard to explain."

               "And there is no time to explain. We must be going," Adam added.

               I gave her a sad look. "Sorry, we must go."

               "Wait," she called when we made a run for it.

                 I turned back to her. "What is it?"

                "Can I come with you?"

               Just then someone dropped a few feet from the girl, Kim. She dropped with such swag that I almost forgot she was a vampire. It's always style with her. Kim stood up straight from her falling position and looked at the girl.

                "Sure, why not?" Kim answered.

                 "Whoa, there are three of you?"