Since Cayden was gone, I had to figure out where the boys would stay. They had been at Tristan’s house since that’s where Cayden was staying and he wanted his sons with him. The boys had a nice little set up at Tristan’s house and I didn’t want to move them but I wanted them to be with me. I didn’t know where to go, though. I couldn’t go to Mom and Daddy’s house since Cannon was there and I didn’t want to invade Talon’s house. Easton’s place was out of the question seeing as he was never there. I was thinking about renting a place for myself when Tristan talked me out of it. He said he loved having his nephews at his house and it would mean the world to him if I stayed. I wasn’t sure if he was being completely serious or if he was just helping me out, but I was grateful either way. I kept the boys in Cayden’s room and I was staying in the guest room next door.

James had gone back to Arizona. He didn’t seem to be happy about it, but he had school too that he needed to be at. Jen was happy to have him back but I had a feeling their relationship was on the rocks. He didn’t say anything about it, but I could tell something was off by the way he was so reluctant to get back to Arizona and to Jen. I drove him to the airport and told him he could come back anytime. I had made up my mind about whether or not to go back to Arizona and I decided to stay where I was at. My sons had just gotten their daddy and their family and I couldn’t take that away from them, not again. Plus, I realized that I had really missed being home and it actually hurt to think about living on the other side of the country again. A few hours, I could handle, but not a few days.

Liam had finally proposed to Tegan, something we had all been waiting years for. He had enlisted my help to keep her occupied while he made dinner and decorated the kitchen for them. He had asked me if he should take her out, but I told him that it would be better if he made it romantic at home. Tegan didn’t do too well when she was the center of attention and if he had proposed in public, it would be all anyone could be talking about for weeks. He had taken me ring shopping with him because he wanted my opinion. He didn’t need me there, though. He picked out a ring that she would love all by himself. She had called me as soon as their dinner was over, gushing over every little detail. I talked to her for a little while before letting her go so the two of them could celebrate. 

Cain and Asher’s third birthday was coming up and I, along with Tegan, Rox, Mom, and Emily, were planning a party for them. It would be their first birthday with their entire family with there and I wanted it to be special. My little angels deserved it. We were thinking about getting the blow up bouncer things for the little ones and then having a barbeque. It would be fun for everyone and I knew the boys would love the people more than the bouncer thing.

All in all, I was happy with the direction my life was taking. There were still gaps and some things still needed to be worked out, but I wouldn’t change my life for the world.

“Mommy, I want Daddy,” Cain said, plopping down in my lap and tucking his head in the crook of my neck.

It was a Saturday morning and I was in the living room at Tristan’s house watching a movie with the boys. Usually, Cayden would be there with us, but he had called the day before to say he couldn’t make it. He had a big project coming up and he had formed a study group with some kids from his class. They met on Fridays and he needed this group or else he most likely wouldn’t get the project done. He would have driven down Saturday morning but he had football practice until four since their first game was rapidly approaching. He had sounded so sad and disappointed on the phone when he called to tell me and I had reassured him that it was okay. I understood that he had stuff to do.

“I know you do baby, but Daddy’s busy,” I answered, wrapping my baby in my arms.

“But I want Daddy!” he yelled, his lower lip quivering slightly, indicating that he was about to cry.