Did you ever think of me?

I loved my best friend more than anything. He and I had grown up with each other since the diaper days. He was my best friend and I would do anything for him. I went to all of his band rehersals and everyone of his events and shows. I was always there, willing to support him and his dreams.

Then one day, he finally got that big break. It came as a huge shock to all of us. I had convinced him to go to the audition for an acting postition and said that he would totally get the part.

But it was still a shock when he got the call back. I mean, we knew he had a chance at actually getting the role, but I guess we hadn't mentally prepared ourselves for him actually going to be a huge star. 

I still remember when he told me the "good news".

FLASHBACK:

"VIVI!!!!!!" Mitchel ran up to my porch and jumped up the steps. I was sitting on the porch swing reading a book, when I jumped from him coming out of nowhere.  

"What's up Micky?" He had a huge smile on his face and he picked me up and spun me around.

"The director person called me back! I got the part! I start next month! Omg Vivi! I'm so excited! This is what I've been wanting forever!" He held me close and didn't release me from his arms. I looked down at him with my feet dangling in the air, and a huge smile stretched across my lips.

"OH MY GOSH!!!!! I'm so proud of you Mitchy!!!" (A/N:He will have multiple nicknames) I hugged him as hard as I could and laughed when he swung me around again.

"There is only one downside..." Mitchel set me down but looked deep into my eyes and continued holding me close. "I have to move to California..."

The news hit my like a bullet in my chest. A million thoughts swarmed in my mind as it slowly sunk in. My smile faded for a moment before returning, but not as strong as before. It was now an act.

"Oh.. Well its your dream Mitchy. Go get 'em!! We can still video chat and text and use all those techy things that you make me buy." He smiled and hugged me tightly. I closed my eyes and held him close.

"You're so amazing Vivi! I knew you would understand!!" I understood all right, but it didn't mean that I didn't still want to lock him into his house and force him not to leave me.

"How long?"

"One week."

END FLASHBACK:

We were inseparable that last week. We did everything together.

But it wasn't until after he had left and our communication slowly diminished,  that I realized I was in love with my best friend. And I would probably never see him. At least for a really long time.