9.// Wings

Harry's tail swished against the wall behind his chair, creating an endless patting noise that fought against the frequent scribbles that echoed through the room, the beat of crayon on paper. Tongue caught between his teeth, Harry focused intently on his coloring book, something Louis had picked up for Harry a few days ago. It had stencils of mermaids and fairies, something Harry was completely entranced by after seeing it on the Tv one day. The sparkly wings that glinted in the air, the glittery scaled tails that sliced through the water at precision speed.

He was entranced.

Now, he could create his own version of his fictional characters, although staying in the lines was a struggle.

But nobody was judging.

Louis sat at the other end of the dining room table, tapping away on his computer, his glasses placed precariously on his nose. He didn't wear them often, but when he did, Harry liked to steal them when Louis' back was turned and pretend he was Harry Potter, using a fork as a wand.
In the end, Louis had to chase him around the house, leading Harry into a bedroom to corner him and pin his wrists as Harry laughed, shaking him off and poking him in the arm with the utensil.

Louis made sure to keep them on his head this time, refusing to take any chances.

Harry cocked his head, examining his finished drawing, a pool of messily drawn tails and flowing hair. "Lou-eeh?" He called, sitting up on his knees.

Louis stopped typing and looked up, eyebrows raised. "What is it, love?"

Harry grinned. "Can H-Harry show Louis m-mermaid?" He asked eagerly.

"Sure." Louis nodded and glanced down at his screen again, tapping a few buttons. Harry squealed and scrambled from his seat, rushing over to Louis' side. However, as soon as he tried to look over at Louis' computer screen, Louis quickly pressed the escape key, bringing it to home, the wallpaper of the pre-set stock image of a sunset filling up the monitor.

Harry wrinkled his nose, glancing up at Louis. "W-what Louis doing?"

Louis grinned and tweaked Harry's nose, scooting his chair back. "Well well, that's not your place to ask, is it, love? Now hand me your book, let's see what you've done," he said, holding out his hand.

Harry snatched the book away, holding it to his chest. "No! Harry want to show Lou-eeh on his own," he proclaimed, narrowing his eyes.

Louis chuckled. "Alright, alright, you can show me."

Harry smiled, and before Louis could protest, climbed onto Louis lap, sitting on his knees slapping his book down onto the table. Louis took in a sharp breath, eyes widening. "Harry-" he laughed, surprised by the sudden weight on his legs. "Warn me next, time, yeah?"

Harry blushed and smiled widely, crossing his socked feet at the ankles. Flipping back a few pages, he started with the fairies in the forest, where he incorporated many shades of green, courtesy of the 64 pack of crayons Louis had gifted. "First one," he started. "H-Harry no like much b-because Harry think it messy," he said quietly, staring down at the page, a curl falling into his eyes.

Louis leaned forward and wrapped his arms around Harry's waist, resting his head on the curly boy's shoulder to see better. He hummed. "I think it's very nice, Harry."

"T-think so?"

"I know so."

Harry smiled and nodded after a moment, turning the page. "O-okay. Next, Harry color d-dolph-eens, 'cause mermaids are f-friends with 'em," he said matter-of-factly, pointing towards the purple dolphin in the corner of the page.