----

"We've been together over and over again. Feelings the same. Can't stay too far, too far apart. Even if it's just a mile away." I sing along with Jhene Aiko, tapping my pencil on the table. I was distracted by the sound of Twenty88 and... other things.

Other people.

"Now, if I've never tasted your cooking, I'd tell you to pursue a career in singing."

I look over, giving Seb a small smirk. "Oh yeah?"

"And no matter how far you get into your chef career, I'd tell you to get in front of that white backdrop and model for me." He says, getting in front of my face. I bite my lip, looking up at him.

Seb was Sebastian. I met him when I was going class to class and he stopped me and asked if I could model for him. He was trying to become a photographer and to be honest, our chemistry was crazy.

He pushes some of my hair back and kisses me gently.

He was the first person to touch me in any romantic way and I didn't feel the presence of Jabari in the back of my mind. Jabari didn't exist when I was with Sebastian. And that meant something. It had to mean something.

It most definitely meant something.

The hand on my cheek slides to the back of my neck and he pulls me closer, making me arch my back a bit.

He was special. He was mine now.

Fuck Jabari. I had no time for games. I haven't spoken to him in about two months and from what I saw on instagram and snapchat, he didn't miss me or us. It hurt, but I'm okay. It doesn't matter. I was moving on to bigger and better things.

"Seb." I moan out as he kisses my neck. 2 Minute Warning must've put him in some type of mood. It was sex music, so who could blame him. It was designed for this.

"Iris." He mutters, pulling away.

"Seb-"

"Take things slowly, remember?" He asks, just as hot and bothered as I was.

"That's what you wanted Sebastian." I say, licking my lips and crossing my arms. "Not what I wanted."

"I just think that we shouldn't rush."

"I don't count it as rushing. I think of it as two people who really desire each other getting together and doing what humans do."

Sebastian smiles at me. "I know love, but I want everything to be special. I don't want it to mainly be filled with..."

"Sex?" I offer and he nods.

"I want to love you, not lust you."

"Alright Seb, alright." I say, waving him off. I knew that our relationship wasn't based on sex and lust. I knew that Seb liked me and I liked him. I wouldn't call it love for each of us just yet, but he means something to me.

Maybe that's why I wasn't disgusted. Or maybe he meant something to me because when we kissed I didn't feel disgusted.

But even if that was only it, I'd take it. Because eventually, I knew it would mean something more. I knew I could fall in love with Sebastian. He low key had my heart already if we're being honest.

But Jabari still resided there. He would still be there for a while.

"Iris?" Sebastian's voice calls me out of my thoughts and I look over.

"Yes babe?"

"How's your recipe coming along?" He asks knowingly, making me look down at my 'work station'. I had papers scattered all over the place with a couple of recipe books opened for some ideas.