24• You Don't Remember?

Start from the beginning

He felt her stiffen.

"Hakeesee... you... you know what I am right?" It was difficult forming the words. It wasn't a conversation he had expected to have so soon with her. What he was... right now... he didn't know how it would affect her if she didn't have a clue to begin with. Immediately he regretted pulling her over to have this conversation.

"You are beautiful." She grinned against him, her arms encircling his waist. A deep chuckle built up inside his chest.

"Yes but that's not what I'm —"

"You're fallen."

His limbs went slack. The heart he often forgot he had thrashed wildly in his chest, waiting for the first sign of rejection. Expecting her to shun him.

"I don't care." She whispered, settling her head against him once again. "I don't care. You've been here... since the beginning. You've watched over me and protected me and taught me how to defend myself. I don't care what your birth name was, I don't care about what you did to become what you are, you would never hurt me. And that's all I care about."

        Aura felt him stiffen, and then relax as though he were melting against her. He didn't respond to what she had said, and for the first time she found herself wishing she had his ability to read minds. Inclining her head up to properly look at him, she caught him gazing down at her with an intensity she hadn't known was possible. "It's so easy to say when you don't know." If her hearing hadn't been enhanced, she wouldn't have picked up his sentence.

"I know in my heart, that even if I did it wouldn't change anything. I know you because of what you have done for me, not because of any crimes you might've committed in the past." Before she could stop herself, she reached up, twitching with the urge to touch his face.

Only when his lips parted beneath her fingertips was the urge settled. With an incline of his head he caught her index between his teeth, and sucked.

Startled, Aura felt her skin burn.

But she didn't pull away, she stayed watching his lazy movements under heavy eyelids, toes curling when he drew his teeth back up her fingertip, and heart plummet when he pressed a gentle kiss against her hand.

"Was that really necessary?" Was that her voice? It had transformed into something deeper, huskier.

"Yes." Suddenly her back was pressed flush against the wall behind her, giant hands settling on either side of her face. She was trapped.

But she revelled in it, his proximity, the heat- everything. She craned her neck up, almost forced herself onto her tip toes as he bent down, resting his forehead against hers. The tips of their noses brushed, and she swore she could only be on fire. There was no other way she could possibly get so hot.

Never mind his hesitation to touch her only hours before. She didn't care to understand anything.

But just as that ache returned with the need to do something, he stopped himself there.

Aura waited in baited breath, anticipation deep in her gut, but he didn't move. It was like he was... controlling himself.

Absently, she noticed the aura around the demons resting place glitter darkly, intoxicating the entire room.

"Amos?" She breathed against his lips.

She inhaled that darkness, it was tangy in her throat. Her clothes began to feel restricting, the temperature of the room heating to inferno— or was that just her?

"I am being punished." He relented, an arm dropping to encircle her waist. She arched into him, whimpered even, let him feel the peak of her breasts harden. He stiffened further.