Chapter 6

• Dedicated to Harper

Hey guys!!! Sorry I hope you love this chapter, I don’t own The Outsiders S.E. Hinton does, I’m just a fan. Enjoy!

Lolly pov

                I hugged Carrot closer to me as she tried to clear her voice and tell us what happened. I pushed back a few strands of her orange colored hair as she wiped away the tears that slid down her cheek.

                “What happened?” I asked again, the guys sat there quietly waiting to see what she would say.

                “J-J-Jacob hit me” she responded, her voice shaking and full of tears and pain. I froze in my spot and pulled her closer when I heard that my dad…my dad hit her. She stopped crying and quieted down as she pulled back to look at me.

                “Why did he?” I asked, but it only came out as a whisper.

                “I wouldn’t get him something to drink” I leaned back against the couch and pulled out a cancer-stick with shaky fingers. I lit the piece of paper and pulled in smoke, trying to calm down.

                “You shouldn’t let him push you around” I said with a puff of smoke that left my lips. She leaned back and laid her head on my shoulder, the guys watching to see if she would crack.

                “I know, but you know I got nowhere else to go Loll. I mean, you know I can’t go back to Texas” I nodded and silently agreed with her.

                “Hey babe, you want a beer? It’ll calm you down.” Carrot looked at Two-bit and let out a little laugh as she stood and followed him to the kitchen. Ponyboy walked over and sat next to me, I leaned into him embrace and closed my eyes.

                I opened then again when Darry came through the front door—probably coming home from work.

                “Hey gu…..” he stopped when he seen Carrot walk in, she wore black leather jeans, boots, and jacket with a hot pink top. She looked happier now that she was goofing around, Carrot looked over at him and froze in her place. His hair was greased back like normal and his button-up shirt was open at the top. The jeans he wore had dirt on then from work and his tool belt hung low on his hips. Darry smiled and walked over to where Carrot was standing. She smiled as well and shook his hand.

                “I’m Carrot” she said as they still held onto each other’s hands, he nodded and smiled.

                “Darry” I looked over at Carrot and seen that her face had a slight pink color to it. I giggled and looked at Ponyboy, who was looking at his brother and was seeing what I was, looks like cupid hit his targets.

Ponyboy pov

                As Carrot slowly made her way into Darry’s heart, Lolly and I stood up and quietly headed to my room.  She wrapped her arm around my waist and walked into my room, as I shut the door she turned around and crashed her lips to mine. I kissed back not really understanding her change in mood; her hands slid down to the bottom of my shirt and tried to lift it. I stopped her hands and pulled back to look at her face, tears slid down her face as she finally broke down at what happened. I hugged her closer as she buried her face in my shoulder at what happened to Carrot.

                “I don’t know what t-t-to do P-Ponyboy, I won’t let her go b-back there I c-cant” I pulled her closer to myself as she let out her pain. After a few minutes she pulled back and looked at me, for the first time in the few months I have known Lolly I have never…seen her so scared. I looked over her face and realized she needed something to take her mind off everything.

                I pulled her mouth back to mine and she sealed it with a moan, Lolly’s hands ran over my shirt and she pulled it off. I pressed her back to the door and we kissed for a few more minutes, suddenly she pulled back and looked me in the eye.

                “I love you” I whispered, she smiled and hugged me to her as I tucked her head into my neck.

                “I never want to lose you” she said back, I placed a kiss on her head and then one on her lips.

                “You won’t…I promise”

I hope you guys liked this chapter; I had a lot of fun writing it add to library, vote, become a fan, and anything else you can do on here. COMMENT!!!!!! I can’t wait to hear from you guys! Thanks for reading!