"We can go together if you'd like." Liam suggested with a shrug. "I mean, I can't really be bothered to find anyone anyway, and there's not anyone I actually fancy here either, so why not?"

Evan seemed to actually be contemplating Liam's proposal for a moment, his brown eyes squinted and his lips twisted upwards in concentration. But then the moment was completely ruined once Evan made a weird face at Liam and then flat out told him no, so boldly like it didn't mean a single thing at all. He was such a hard shell to crack, definitely.

"I think you should at least think about." Harry chimed in, and yes, Harry was pretty good at persuading (Niall knew that for a fact) so this could actually work in Niall's favor. Cheers. "S'not that bad, anyway. It's like a big party but at school. It'll be like Liam's party, remember?"

"I didn't even wanna go to that." Evan grumbled underneath his breath, earning an offended "hey!" from Liam. "No offense. It was nothing personal."

"Has he always been like this?" Liam questioned, turning to Niall and seeking out an answer from him.

"Trust me, you haven't even seen the worst yet." Niall chuckled loudly.

Niall wasn't even sure if it was possible for Evan to groan even more than he already had within the lunch hour, but apparently it was. "I'm right here, you know?" Evan squinted his eyes evilly, but he wasn't fooling anyone.

"Yeah, we know." Liam and Niall said at the same time, giving each other high-fives across the table. Evan just rolled his eyes, slumping down into his chair like the grumpy boy he was, and Harry just shook his head in complete amusement because they were all just a bunch of idiots, but none of them would have it any other way.

Niall was so glad to be back.

***

"So, are you coming over to mine again today?"

Closing his locker, Niall turned to face Harry where he was leaning against the wall next to him with an eyebrow quirked upwards as he waited for Harry's answer. Harry usually spent afternoons at Niall's house after school was over and done with, and he wasn't sure why it was always his place that they went to, but Niall didn't want to ask about that. He knew Harry had a thing—a thing Niall was still trying to find out—about going to his own house, especially when his patents were home, but he wasn't going to bring that up. Harry always acted weird around that subject and Niall wasn't really in the mood to deal with that right now. Besides, it'd been a good day so far and he didn't want to change that.

Harry shrugged his shoulder, a smirk evident on his pretty little lips as he tried to play it coy, but Niall already knew his answer so he wasn't even sure why he asked in the first place. "Depends." Harry's smirk grew, the idiot. "What's in it for me?"

"Me," Niall said it like it was the obvious thing, which it was, of course. "Duh."

"Eh." Harry made a face. "You got anything else?"

"Don't be a dick." Niall laughed, swatting at Harry's arm and loving the way Harry giggled when he did so. He really needed to kiss him quick. "C'mon."

"Yes sir." Harry saluted the blond, following right behind him as he led their way out of the school.

Niall's mum was at work so he wouldn't be getting a ride home today. Which he didn't mind because he liked walking home sometimes and he didn't live too far so he couldn't really complain at all. Besides, he had Harry here to keep him company so it wasn't that bad.

The couple was quiet while they strolled down the sidewalk. It was a bit chilly outside, but nothing either of them weren't used to at all. There was conversation here and there—stupid little jokes Harry would randomly tell because he was weird like that, Niall's loud yet kind of obnoxious cackles that Harry loved no matter how excessive they were, talk about nothing and everything in between until they found themselves standing on Niall's doorstep, finally making it to their destination. Niall fumbled around in his backpack to find his key and Harry couldn't help but laugh because Niall was so cute sometimes it wasn't even funny.