Chapter Six: The Basement & The Surprise Guest

When I awoke I saw dark cement walls , shelving units , and a desk full of taxidermy animals . I look down and I'm tied to a chair , I shake trying to get loose . I'm not going to cry for help because that will just alert the person keeping me here . I look around searching for something to cut me loose . Then I see a pocket knife laying on one of The shelves . I quickly move the chair as best as I can skidding myself across the floor to the shelving unit . I manage to reach up and grab the knife and free myself . I stand up but everything goes blurry . I must have hit my head really badly in the crash . I see stairs and with the knife I walk up them . I turn the knob of the door at the top of the stairs and when the door opens I see the bates front room . I gasp not able to process why I'm back at the bates house . I walk out closing the door quietly and I start to walk towards the front door when suddenly I hear foot steps behind me . I spin around quickly with the knife in front of me . Norman grabs my hands trying to get ahold of me causing me to drop the knife ,but I keep fighting . I'm not able to get my hands free but I use my knee and jab him in his crouch once again and then I stumble down the hall way towards the front door . He then grabs my legs and pulls me back towards him . I claw and scratch at the floor then after fighting so hard I finally reach the knob of the front door . I yank it open and kick from Normans grasp . I then run past the door and close it . I then open the screen door and run out . I make it half way down the steps of the bates house when I see my dad pull in , in his truck . He then gets out and sees me , blood dripping down from my head and my limbs all torn up .
"Alice !" He shouts stunned that I'm still alive . I then pass out on the steps and my father comes running up then grabbing me and holding me . He then picks me up in his arms and carries me down to his truck and puts me in and drives to the hospital . I feel myself being lifted into a bed and carried down a long hall way with white lights and nurses around me . But everything is dull after that .
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I awake to the smell of coffee and the hospital like smell .I look around to see if anyone is watching me , then I get out of bed and walk to the bathroom and out on my regular clothes . I walk out grabbing at my side that is tapped up in a bandaged and so is the side of my head . I walk out of my room closing the door quietly , and trying not to look suspicious . I go to round the corner when I see my father grab Norman by the neck and through him against the wall . Everyone gasps and tries to avoid the conflict .
"You hurt my daughter ! And your gonna wish you didn't !" He shouts in Normans face .
Norman then replies back ," I did nothing to your daughter ! I didn't even know you had a daughter !" Romero let's him go from his throat but pushes him back against the wall again .
" I'm gonna prove you did it and I'm going to kill you and make it look like an accident ." He whispers in Normans ear . Norman then gets the nerve to talk back ." Go ahead and try
Sheriff ." That was it my father was heated and started kicking the crap out of Norman . I come around the corner and in a crack voice I shout "Enough !" Now can we please go home?" My father let's Norman go and walks towards me .
"Yeah we can go home sweetheart ." He says then gives Norman a look then we both walk out .As we arrive home I feel so sleepy that I gently sit down on the couch and start to fall asleep . "I'll prove he did it Alice ... I promise ."
He says pulling a blanket over me .
"You don't have to prove anything ." I say still a bit loopy .
"He kidnapped you and put you in his basement and meant to keep you there , I won't let that stand ." He replies to my comment . I nod and close my eyes .
"I'll always protect you Alice ." He then kisses my head and I fall asleep .
The next morning I woke up early and got a shower and was just about to leave when my father stopped me .
"And where do you think your going ?" He questions turning the page in the newspaper .
"To work ." I grab the door knob and start to pull it open . He then rushes up to me and grabs my arm gently and pulls me back . He then shuts the door and walks me back to my bedroom . "Take a day off and rest , get your strength back ." He pats my back gently and opens my bedroom door lightly shoving me In.
" I already have my strength , dad I'll be fine ." I say trying to avoid eye contact ." Your not fully recovered Alice , now end of discussion , you will stay here if I have to lock you in your room ." He says trying to lay down some authority ."dad I'm not 16 anymore you can't just lock me in my room ." I say trying to push past him and the door frame . "Watch me ." He then shuts the door and locks it . I shout from the other side " oh no you didn't ! Dad ! .....Alex Romero open this door !" I pound on the door for a bit then give up and lay down on my bed , moments later I pass out .
I hear a sound that almost makes me fall off the bed being so startled . "Where is she Alex ?! I haven't seen her in 3 years !" It was the sound of my mothers voice .