Chapter 12 - Lies Fights And Pinky Promises

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry. You can go if you want." I said.

"Who said I didn't want to stay?" He asked. I smiled up at him then nuzzled my head in his chest and closed my eyes.

"Thank you Noah." I whispered.

"For what?" He asked. I felt him put his chin on top of my head and his arms tighten just a bit around me.

"For tonight. I had a really good time." I said quietly.

"No problem sweetheart." He whispered. "Goodnight."

And with that I drifted off to sleep.

***

"Your parents called, Jason." My mom told Jason at dinner that Sunday night. He looked up from his plate of food with a small smile.

"Really?" He asked. "What did they say?"

"That they missed you and were just checking on you." My mom said. Jason nodded then shoved his face with his food.

"Oh and your dad said that he needs us to go check on the house this weekend and make sure everything is okay." My dad added to my moms comment. Jason nodded again but kept his attention on his food.

Neither him or Jessica have mentioned the kiss to me. Jessica actually was gone by time I woke up this morning. Both Noah and I slept til about eleven thirty yesterday morning. Dinner went by fast. I kinda zoned out my parents as they talked about random things. As soon as I was done I made my way up to my room and laid down. I turned on my tv and started watching Full House. There was a light knock on my door and I kept my attention on my tv, very interested in what I was watching.

"What?" I asked. The door opened revealing Jason. He walked in slowly making his way to my bed. When he got close enough he laid down beside me made himself comfortable.

"What's wrong?" He asked. I kept my eyes fixed on the screen. Right now I didn't really want to be bothered. I'm just in one of those moods where I want to be alone.

"Nothing." I sighed. Jason snatched the remote from my hand and cut the tv off. "Hey!" I yelled trying to get the remote back.

"Tell me what's going on and I'll give you back the remote." He said. I sighed. Here goes nothing.

"I saw you and Jessica making out last night." I blurted out. Jason went pale and his eyes went wide.

"W-what?" He stuttered.

"Are you two dating?" I blurted out. His eyes went even wider.

"Skylar I-I wanted to t-tell you..." He trailed off.

"So this has been going on for a while?" I asked.

"Okay. So remember when I told you Lindsey and I broke up?" He asked and I nodded. "Well when we were dating I started developing feelings for Jessica. I would be lying if I said Jessica and I never kissed when I was with Lindsey. We actually kissed every chance we got. I didn't want to be with Lindsey anymore so I went to break up with her. When I told her I didn't want to be with her anymore she admitted she was cheating the whole time too. But it didn't bother me because I wasn't in love with her. I was actually in love with Jessica. Skylar I'm so sorry we never told you this. I really am." He explained.

I blinked a few times, processing his words. "How long has this been going on?" I asked.

"It started three months before I moved here." He said.

"Both you and Jessica have been lying to me this whole time? Did she even like Everett?" I asked.

"We never told you so we weren't technically lying and no she never really liked Everett. She just said that so maybe you wouldn't suspect me and her you know what ever we were at the time. And all those times the insulted me in front of you was another trick." He explained.