“Yeah you can V but don’t say anything about moving yet. I’ll tell them once we’re done eating ok?” Mush begged

“Deal.”

We got our lunch and sat down at the table. I felt foreign sitting with juniors. I was the only sophomore on this table. Everyone stared at me but kept their peace, thank god or else I would’ve screamed. Being Mush’s sister had its advantages at times. We waited until everyone got to the table to break the news. Mush’s girlfriend would be a handful.

“Okay guys. I got something to tell you.” Mush started

“What man?” Some random junior called out

“I’m moving,” He stated. Everyone just stared at him. His little rat gasped and slapped him, hard.

“Hey! You have no right to slap my brother!” I screamed at her.

“Yeah?  Say’s you? Please,” She rolled her eyes at me

I was debating whether to beat her up or just let it drop. Unfortunately for me everyone started to gather around and look at us. I heard someone whisper there was going to be a fight soon. I didn’t want to get in a fight on the last day but..

“Hey you little idiot don’t ignore me when I’m talking to you!”

“Don’t talk to my sister like that!” I froze when I heard Mush’s voice. It sounded like a sonic boom. Then she slapped him again and told him to shut up and do as she says. I had enough, I stalked over to her. Who does she think she is?

“Excuse me rat I told you not to hit my brother!” I felt something hard hit my check. I saw her smirking and that’s when I knew she’d slap me to.

“Don’t call me a rat you b-" I punched her square in the face and tackled her to the ground. Rat face grabbed my hair and started to yank it. I hissed and grabbed hers as well; I threw her head down to the ground and began punching her rat face again. We rolled away on the floor and that’s when I heard screams, hollers and everyone chanting fight. I got too distracted by it when I felt rat face claw her fingers in my face. I bite her hand and punched her in the nose, I heard a crack and I knew it had broken. I heard her crying and trying to hit me back, but I dodged them and continued hitting and pulling her hair. Until I was suddenly pulled away. As I was being dragged up I kicked her in the side and she cried out in pain. I looked to see my brother who was pulling me away. He dragged me to the bathroom and told me to clean myself up, I could clearly tell he was mad.

“Mush I’m so-“

“Shut up.” He handed me a wet towel.  I went to look in the mirror and gasped. I saw claw marks on my cheek, my hair was all messed up and my nose was slightly beginning to bruise. I rose up the towel to clean up the dried blood when I saw my knuckles were slightly bleeding to and bruising. I used my other hand to clean up my mess. I ran my hand through my hair to calm it down. I didn’t feel anything because of the adrenaline pumping still. It was wearing off but it was still in effect.

Someone came in the bathroom with us and told us to get out immediately. I assumed it was security so Mush and I walked back out and were escorted to the office. I immediately saw rat face, she cowered away from me. I saw her damages, she was crying while holding her bleeding nose and her side. Her hair was even more shoveled then mine, and her check had a deep cut in it. Weird, I didn’t even hit her there. The principal came out with an officer and the officer took Rat face to his office while I went with the principal.

“Violet Crescent, it’s your last day and you decide to start a fight?” He looked at me and shook his head.

“No sir, she slapped me.”

“And you had to punch her?”

“No. I just did that on instinct and self protection. She was hitting my brother to.”

“She hit your brother as well?”

“Yes?”

He went outside and called my brother in here with me, “Musher did Tina hit you to?”

My brothers face twisted, “Yes sir.”

“And no one bothered to tell me. Okay, well it’s your last day of school. I’m sorry but you’ll be spending the rest of it with the officer. You need to tell him everything. I know almost everyone saw the fight so we’ll hear from everyone we can locate. For now just wait till he’s done talking to her.”

Mush and I nodded. We sat in silence till the officer took us to his office. It was a little office, his desk was stacked with papers everywhere. He had a shelf with pictures of his family and a coffee mug saying, ‘World’s Greatest Dad!’ He looked tired and worn out. He told us to sit on the student chairs until he finished typing a report.

“Okay. Just to let you know I’ve already called your parents. They are certainly not happy at all. Well that’s not really important right now though. So we’ll get straight to your story. What happened according to your views?” He took out a piece of paper and pen and waited for me to start.

“Ra- I mean Tina. Sorry. She slapped my brother, I told her to stop. She didn’t. She did it again and I just went to her and told her to stop. She slapped me and I punched her. We grabbed each other’s hair and we then began punching. I punched and I think broke her nose. She clawed half of my face, and when I was being pulled off of her I kicked her. That’s about it.”

“Really? She tells me you both attacked her. She never touched either one of you and yes you did break her nose, and a rib.”

Was I really that strong? “Oh. Sir that’s not true.”

“Officer I wouldn’t hit a girl. She slapped me and then attacked my sister. I had to stop the fight.” Mush suddenly interrupted. He was speaking up for me.

“Well. All I know is according to your story, if she presses charges you guys and press against her to. So she’ll probably drop it. But that’s according to your guy’s story. We’ll ask around and see if anyone else agrees for now go wait in the office for your parents.” He led us to the office and instructed us to also not talk and if we did we’d be arrested. So of course we shut up. About 15 minutes later our parents came. They scowled us and took us home. The ride home was unbearably silent. When we got home we were getting ready to run to our rooms before our parents told us to go to the living room. We silently sat down and waited. I hated waiting.

“So about the fight what happened?” My dad asked calmly.

I explained everything again and my mom gasped, “I want to press charges! I’m glad you hit her! God I hated her Musher. I’m disappointed in you. But I’m glad you helped your sister.”

“Yeah thanks mom.”  He sighed.

“Violet are you okay?” My parents asked.

“Yeah. I guess moving is a good idea now.” We all laughed. Thank god I wasn’t in trouble. My parents told us to go pack. But before that I had to talk to Mush.

“Mush! Wait!” I cried running up the stairs.

He stopped and waited for me. “Thank you.” I hugged him. He hugged me back and nodded then went to his room to continue packing again.

By the time I was done packing the rest of my belongings it was well past midnight. My parents took down our beds when we went to school so everything was ready to move now. The officer also called us back, he said our story had enough witnesses, so rat face couldn’t press charges. I smirked at that, in her face. I told my mom I didn’t want to press charges. I was moving, the past in now in the past. We all went to bed late so we woke up and finished stuffing the rest of our belongings into the moving van. I took one more look around my empty house. I sighed when I heard Mush calling for me in the car. I ran out and we started our journey towards Hail.