The Bad Boy Rulebook Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Hiding a grimace, Ryanne bit her lip and closed her eyes, hoping for hell to consume her soon. A hairy hand squeezed her ass once more before giving her a pat and sending her on her way. 

"Come on sweetheart, don't tell me you're not enjoying this." More hands ran up and down her sides as she walked through the throngs of people. Stop touching me, stop touching me. Get your filthy hands off me!  Unfortunately as always, her thoughts were solely for herself and the perverted married men never once heard her pleas for them to stop. 

"You're on in 5 girl, you're going to have to smile." A pitiful look was sent her way by her boss lady, Ace. Thankfully, in this hell hole, she had found myself a companion and an ally in her. 

"Sure thing, you know me, I aim to please." She gave Ace a half smile, trying her best to sound cheerful for her. Ryanne wasn't about to let down one of the only people who was willing to give her a minute of her time. 

Taking a deep breath, she fluffed her hair, pursed her lips and checked her reflection in the mirror. Everything was in place. Now it's showtime. 

Stepping out from behind the curtains, Ryanne heard the yells and hoots, not to mention whistles from the hoards of men out there. She refused to look at them directly because most of them were disgusting perverts.

Grabbing the pole with both hands, she tuned out everything else and focused on the picture of her beautiful little girl, Emma. I'm doing this for her, she thought. With that in mind, nothing else mattered and she got through her dance with ease and grace. 

Money was strewn all over the floor and she sighed in relief. With one of the biggest crowds in weeks, she was thankful that they seemed to be in a good mood and tipped generously. On top of her weekly salary, there was more than five hundred dollars in tips just from tonight. Emma could get some new toys, or colouring books. Her eyes widened in delight as she scooped up the money and thanked the audience. 

Suddenly she felt a hand on her back guiding her back offstage. She furrowed her brows in confusion but followed nonetheless. 

"You have to stop this." A pleading voice floated into her ears and she turned around to see Nathaniel standing there running his hands through his hair. 

"Nate, you know this is something I have to do. I won't be your charity." She said firmly, but tried to ease his tension by winding her arms around his waist. "If you don't like it, don't come down here and torture yourself." 

Sighing, he shook his head. "I drop by a few times a month to make sure you're okay. You know that."

She looked up into his eyes and smiled. "I do know that. That's why I love you like crazy. Even though you're a pain in the ass 99 percent of the time." She teased him, resting her head on his hard firm chest. 

"You can find a different job Anne." 

"But none offer me good working hours and tips like this one does Nate." She put my finger to her lips, telling him the conversation was over. 

He draped a coat over her shoulders and pushed her towards the dressing room. "Yes ma'am, now get dressed. I'm anxious to see my baby girl."

"Your baby girl? Pretty possessive aren't you?" She laughed and grabbed her extra set of clothes that she always left around at Burlesque. 

"You know it." He winked at Ryanne, patting her on her butt as she walked out. She laughed, and swatted his hand away. "Keep your hands to yourself Nathaniel Nichols."

Ushering her into his car, he switched on the engine and turned up the heater. She ran her hands up and down her arms, trying desperately to warm herself up.