eleven

Author's note:

I am a bad person. I'm so sorry :( I've been at home for about a week now and a lot has been going on at home kaya I haven't had the time to write again. I know I said I'd update faster now, since school is over but again, I apologize.

Anywayyyy, my notes will be up here starting today to tell you a few reminders before you start reading. 

Happy reading! Don't forget to vote and leave comments!! You can tweet me your thoughts as well! (twitter: fayebmnglg)

-----------------

JUNE 2016

"Ate Kim, I'm so sick of him being so mean to me every time we're together," Maine whined. 

"It's not like we can do anything about it, can we?" Kim answered. "Compromise. Try to talk to him about it."

Maine sighed. If Alden Richards wasn't half as mean as he is, Maine could still not do what Kim just suggested. She couldn't even look at him in the eye nor say something without stuttering, how can she possibly ask him to be nicer for the sake of their stupid publicity stunt?

"I don't think I can do this, ate Kim," Maine frustratedly mumbled. "I know what you're going to say: that this if for my career and life. Pero... wala na bang ibang options?"

"Maine, nasimulan mo na," Kim replied. "And besides, hindi mo naman kailangang kaibiganin si Alden."

"Alam ko," Maine answered. "Pero ang hirap kasi na lagi na lang nakangiti kapag may camera lang. Hindi nga kami nag-uusap besides him asking if I knew what to do and reminding me to smile every now and then."

Kim just looked at her. She was right; there was nothing they can do.

The two drove to Alden's place. They were waiting inside the guard house (Jen's orders) when Maine's phone rang. It was Jacob.

Oh God, she missed Jacob so much. 

Ever since she watched Civil War with Alden, Jacob has been distant. Maine knew why – but not exactly why. Even when she fainted and expected a call from her best friend, she received nothing.

"I'm sorry," Maine said once she had answered her phone. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

"Woah," Jacob laughed on the other line. "Chill. Okay na tayo, Meng."

"'Di ka na galit? Okay lang kung galit ka pa. Naiiintindihan ko," Maine rambled. "I have an appointment in about two minutes. Kaya sorry ulit, I can't stay on the phone for long."

"It's okay, Meng," Jacob assured. "Para namang... para namang hindi ka pa sanay sa pagiging tampururot ko. Alam mo namang sensitive ako sa mga bagay-bagay, lalo na kapag ikaw."

"Sus," Maine teased, smiling. "Why did you call? May chika ba?"

Jacob laughed again. Oh, he had no idea how much Maine missed his laugh. It had only been about two weeks, but she did miss him. 

"Don't say that. You make it sound like I'm gay," Jacob said, his laugh ceasing. "Anyway, I called because Mom called me for dinner tomorrow. Will you be available?"

Maine frowned, trying to remember her schedule. But then she saw Alden's car driving towards them. 

"He's here," Kim said and handed Maine her purse. "Go."

Maine just nodded and hurriedly walked towards Alden's car. When she got to the door, it was already unlocked so she slid inside the car. She sat inside, latched her seatbelt on and hoped for the best.