Talking.

You sit in the attic of the abandoned house and absently trace patterns on the metal of 10k's rifle, it rests inanimately over your knees as you stare out of the topmost window, cross legged and numb.

Rain hits the windowpane rhythmically, the sky crying tears you no longer can.

It'd happened so god damn fast.

Only two nights ago you'd stayed up after the rest of the group had gone to sleep, just talking.

Talking about the future, talking about finding a jewellery shop and looting it for a ring, talking about the possibility of Doc officiating a marriage between you, talking about Addy being the godparent of your first child.

Then he got bit and your world stopped turning, breathing.

All of a sudden you were arguing with Warren, arguing about saving him even though you knew you couldn't, arguing with Addy about staying behind to mercy him.

They couldn't wait for you, and somehow, someway you were okay with that.

All you knew was that it had to be you, it's what he would want.

So now you sit alone with puffy eyes and an aching soul, watching the boy you love amble about in the yard below, his eyes unseeing and his heartbeat nonexistent.

Sighing, you reach for the window latch and shove the frosty glass open, hesitantly setting the rifle on the ledge and peering through the scope.

As soon as he'd turned you'd hightailed it into the house and the others had taken off in the truck, getting a good look at him now you feel your throat tightening and you let out a breath you didn't know you'd been holding as new tears cut through the grime and blood on your face, stinging as they hit cuts here and there.

Eyes blurred and arms shaking you look through the scope again, and you wait.

You wait and you wait until you've had enough and you purposely bang your knee against the wall to get his attention.

It's as he whips around with a snarl and his dead eyes meet yours that you pull the trigger, both of your bodies going limp as he drops dead and you slump to the floor, sobbing and whispering broken 'I love you's to no one.

No one at all.