Chapter 4

We all witnessed the surprise Adrian go in the classroom and sit down on his chair, pale and gasping for air. Yeah-it was pretty bad.
Marinette shuffled in the room, just realising what she had done. Lunch time detention if she was lucky, suspended, was more likely. This teacher wasn't nice. We called her Mrs Grumpy, and it stuck for so long, no one actually knew her real name.
"I'm sorry Mrs...." Marinette begun. Did I mentioned that no one knew her real name? Yeah, it was pretty messy. Mrs Grumpy started jumping, Marinette started going pale, just like Adrian. And Adrian, he just sat there, didn't even help. What a guy! Never even loved her. I didn't understand how she loved that jerk.
Anyway, after that drama, lunch time came and we walked down the corridor. Alya was at science club, like every other Tuesday, and I was with Marinette going to our 'spot', which btw is the library. The doors slid open and we sat down on 'our' couches.
"Do you think he likes me?" Marinette mumbled from out of the blue.
"What?" I whispered, shocked.
"Do you think he likes me?" she repeated.
I knew who he was. It was Adrian, of course it bloody was.
"I..I don't know."
"You're a boy, right?"
"You really have to ask that?" I questioned.
"Of course you are," Marinette muttered under her breath. "How do I make a boy like me?"
I thought.
"Just be yourself, because if he doesn't like you than he isn't worth it. Cause there is going to be a boy out there, somewhere, some time, that will love you for you, even in your blues. And maybe, just maybe, we'll all find our love, but if you just love Adrian, you'll never get anywhere, for he doesn't love you."
Marinette was speechless.
But I thought you said you didn't know. Jordan, I can't... Just. I don't know. Yet, I guess I do. I love him for him, and he'll love me for me. He does, I just know it."
I shook my head.

Silence.

"You know what, just please leave me alone, you're really not helping. I love him, and I wish Alya was here. She'll understand. She will understand what I'm feeling, unlike you. Honestly, you really suck at love."
Marinette stood up and walked outside the library.
Adrian came around from a bookshelf.
"Wow, harsh."
"You heard?"
"Yeah."