Melting Down

For being awesome :D (And also because I think SJ is the last person who I can picture as a mermaid, xDDD)______________________________________________________________________________

ღ Melting Down ღ

“Naia! Naia wait! I forgot to ask, can I be your date for the party?” He asked.

“Sorry, you’re really nice but I’m taken.” I said, knowing he wouldn’t give up, oh, how I wish Mick was here…

I climbed up the front steps of the house as fast as possible and knocked on the door. To my surprise and delight the door was opened by none other than, Mick! He pulled me into a hug, lifting me up and spinning me round without as much as a ‘hello sweetie’.

“Mick! I didn’t know you were coming! I’m so glad to see you!”

“Well, I had to come, Heather’s my sister.”

“Your sister? So are you two twins?” Now that he pointed it out I could defiantly see the resemblance between the two,

“Yeah, she doesn’t go to our school, she goes to that other one, the one your neighbour goes to.”

“Oh, right.”

“Yeah, but why are you here? I wouldn’t pick you as one off Tianni’s crowd.”

“Oh, Jo invited me, Jo’s friends with anyone and everyone.” I smiled, “But I’m just glad we’re both here.” At the moment, I notice, Scar- oh I give up, Aeliana sulking over by the corner of the house. Way to spoil my night. He smiled too and pulled me to kiss him and thoughts of The She-devil flew my mind.

“Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Mick and I broke apart and looked around as a terrified scream filled the air.

“It’s probably just some drunk chic who’s dropped a glass, or broken a nail or seen a rat, It’ll be nothing.” said Mick starting to pull me back. Yeah, probably nothing, nothing to worry about. I glanced back to where Aeliana had been, she was gone. Okay, maybe start panicking.  I looked Mick in the eye.

“You’re right, it’s probably nothing, but in my experience, it’s best not to assume. I’m just going to check it out, I’ll be right back.”

“I’m coming with you.” He said grabbing my hand. He lead me through his house and out the back door, in the direction of the scream. The was a ‘clunk’ as he slide the screen door closed behind him and we pushed our way through the small crowd of people who had gathered in his backyard.

They were looking at something on the ground. When we got to the front we saw what was on the ground and I had to lean on Mick to steady myself. There, on the ground was a girl, one of the party-goers, and she had been brutally murdered. She was covered in blood from many deep cuts; like she had been torn apart by some sort of animal.

“Who was she?” I whispered.

“Clara Goycon.” Whispered a girl who I recognized as Heather, Mick’s twin. “A true friend” she continued starting to cry. I noticed several people starting to dial the police.

“Mick, I’m sorry but I have to go. Tell Jo I left.” I whispered into his ear. I gave him a quick kiss, and then waited until he turned to comfort her sister before teleporting out. Well, it’s not called teleporting, (I told you Kylysan technology was advanced), it’s just easier for you to understand it as teleporting. Teleports are only to be used in emergencies – they’re so obvious! – But this was an emergency. I was hoping if someone saw me disappear, they would blame it one too much to drink or trauma or both.