••Number

JINYOUNG🌸

As I savor my coffee, I look around the shop. Not much has changed, except for the fact that they decided to add new employees. I look around again, recognizing some faces. They must've been regular to this place.

An hour passed by, of me sitting there, enjoying the well-brewed coffee. It took me about thirty minutes to check my watch, and as I saw what time it was, I grabbed my keys and walked out hurriedly to my car.

Suddenly, I bumped into someone. It was that employee, what was his name? M-ma,

"MARK!"

I was flustered. I accidentally shouted his name. Oh God, kill me now. But instead of recieving a weirded-out face, I recieved a laugh.

"Hm. Guess you read my name tag." He said with a smile.

"I-I appreciated your work." I replied, not knowing what to say.

"Im glad to know that."

I suddenly found myself walking to the parking lot where my car was parked, with him. It was silent, but I felt comfortable. I was not sure if Mark felt the same. Maybe he felt awkward. I tried to start a conversation.

"Um. So, Mark. Is your car parked here as well?" I was curious, if he was escorting me to my car or not. Not that its a bad thing, if he was.

"Yup! Its over there!"

So I guess he wasnt. I was surprised to see that his car was parked exactly beside mine.

Based on what he was wearing, it seemed like his shift was over. He wore an orange sweater, and amazingly, it looked good on him.

 He wore an orange sweater, and amazingly, it looked good on him

"Since you know my name, i'd like to know yours." Mark said.

"O-Oh yeah! My name is Jinyoung."

"Okie. So Jinyoungie, lets meet up sometime!"

I blushed. It was my first time someone called me that nickname. I kinda liked it though.

"Here." He gave me a ripped out piece of paper, with a phone number on it.

I smiled. It was my first time smiling that day, and I was over-joyed that I had someone to talk to.

"Thank you." I looked at him straight in the eye.

I usually wasnt like this. Never have I been so flustered and happy. But there was something about Mark that made me feel so happy and made me want to be with him more.

We said our last goodbyes, and rode in our own cars. I cant help but sit there and stare at the piece of paper. A soft smile formed once again.

•••
"Jinyoung?? Where have you been?!" Mother exclaimed.
I did not reply. I put my tuxedo on and suddenly, my mother fixed my necktie.

"Its gonna be okay, Jinyoung."
I put up a forced smile and nod.

"Your father and I have decided to make you the owner of this company for a reason. We know you can do it."

"Yes mother." I reply.

Moments later, Ami leads us to our family car, and we head over to the venue. As I expected, the conversations held were all targeted to me.

"The Park family mustve been busy. What made you guys late, sister?" Aunt Min said while walking to our table.

Mother eyed me.

"Just some house issues.. I see how outstanding this place looks! anyways, congrats on your engagement!" Mom said.

"Aww. Thanks sis! Chansung and I had planned out a beach party, but I guess this restaurant-garden venue is okay as well."

"So! Where is this lucky man?"

I can hear the fakeness in mother's voice. It was obvious that she was against this marriage, but said nothing to her beloved sister.

"Oh! Hes in the restroom. JINYOUNG! I can see how much you've grown!" Aunt Min said, diverting the attention to me.

I smile. Its all I could ever do. I really didnt feel like talking.

While everyone made clinks with their wine glasses, and had formal talks in small groups, I was just by the fish pond, staring at the little fishies swimming. I walked around this place, and there were A LOT of fishes in ponds and tanks.

"Welcome to the fish tank!!" Someone said startling me.

"Jackson! I didnt know youd be here."

"What a peculiar fish!" He ignored me.

While everyone was in formal clothes, Jackson was simply wearing a casual shirt and shorts with sneakers. Like usual, he wore black.

"How is my favorite cousin??!"  He asked and yanked me. Jackson always had been a little too rough.

I smile, once again.

Jackson had continued talking, and I ignored every single thing he said.

I saw an orange fish, and it reminded me of my meeting with Mark moments ago. I pulled out the paper with his number and stared at it. I started thinking. what is he doing? perhaps is he eating? I got happy by the thought of his name, and my brain suddenly demanded me to text him and meet him up now.

I fulfill.

••••••••••••••••••••
Hey guys! Hope you like the chapter. did you notice the "welcome to the fish tank!" pun XD its just a reference to a line of jackson in a got7 song. (Fish-Got7) Go check it out! Im currently jamming to it. the reason why jinyoungs mom is so against the wedding will be revealed later on😏 (in a side story)
dont forget to vote, and leave your thoughts by commenting!

love,
author 💞