Chapter 22

#Un-edited

♠Andy’s POV♠

To say that my mind was in its most calm state would be an absolute lie. I wasn’t thinking straight at all man! One wrong move and I’d be screwed both ways! I could either be Cameron Smith’s girlfriend or I could be nothing to him at all.

The atmosphere in the room became tense as Cameron looked me square in the eye. It was clear in his face that he was truly anxious about the answer I was going to give. Blinking my eyes a few times, a sigh escaped my lips and I began questioning myself.

Would I really like to be Cameron’s girlfriend?

No, no I wouldn’t.

“W-What do you mean by no?” Cameron questions me, crocking his head to a side. Shit, did I just say that out loud?

Upon realization of what just happened, I quickly blocked my mouth and shook my head. His eyes were filled with so much sadness and hurt. Rubbing his hands roughly in his hair and letting out a really annoyed groan, he says, “So this is it then…?”

“N-No it isn’t, you have everything wrong-“

“Shhh Andy, I’m so pissed, hurt and a bunch of other things right now. So… just save it.” A tear immediately grazed his cheek as he says those very few but touching words. This, being the first time I’ve seen Cameron on the verge of crying made my heart quaver. If only he would let me explain, this feeling of guilt wouldn’t have invaded my body.

Why do I always get tied up when having a conversation with this guy? I didn’t know what else to say and I bet he didn’t either. Never in a million years would I have imagined me doing such a grave mistake that leaves me speechless.

Not being able to cope with all this tense feeling in the air, Cameron just shakes his head at me and starts walking out of the room. My feet felt glued on the floors and my voice box suddenly went on a vacation. My body didn’t even spare me one opportunity to stop the guy.

‘Are you just going to let the guy you fell in love with just walk out of your life like that?’ My subconscious reminds me. If only if he would let me explain what exactly that was going on in my mind, then, everything would have been perfect.

Snapping back to reality, I realized that Cameron was long gone. Not wanting this to end the way it did, I finally commanded my feet to move. Sadly, a tear also escaped my right eye as I made way towards the class room’s door.

Exiting the room, I looked up and down, trying to muster any clue of where he went to. ‘He must have gone to the parking lot,’ I brilliantly thought to myself. Already knowing where I was headed, I ran down the hall, not really paying attention to my surroundings.

This dude was driving me nuts! I mean, for the seventeen years that I’ve lived, not once would I have guessed I would be chasing after a guy I only knew for a month or so. I once said to myself that I will never be one of those girls who fell in love again.