chapter 3

Daniel

“Daniel, tell Miles he is not allowed to cook, we’ll all die of food poisoning” Bree begged. She was being overly dramatic; the only problem was that Miles loved to burn his food and usually did it to everyone else’s.

It tastes better that way, he tells us every time we complain.

“Miles, don’t burn Bree’s sausage” I told him.

“Wasn’t’ planning on it” he told me with a wink, letting me know that was exactly what he was thinking of doing. I chuckled.

“Gabby, he’s going to make my sausage ashes” Bree yelled at her.

Gabby chuckled and raised an eyebrow questionly at Miles. He grinned sheepishly.

“No I wasn’t” he lied. But Gabby knew him to well, so she walked over. He turned around to face her and she wrapped her hands around his waist and looked up at him with puppy dog eyes.

“Can you please not burn our food. We don’t like it like that” she told him. His eye’s softened instantly.

“Don’t give in dude” I yelled teasingly.

“Tell her no” Peter agreed.

“Show her who’s boss” Kyle called.

“Be a man” James agreed.

But we all new when Gabby wanted something from Miles, he would give it to her no matter the cost. She was his little human mate after all. He sighed and gave her a quick peck on the lips.

“If that’s what you want” he told her. She smiled and kissed him again.

“Nooooooooo” Me, Peter, James and Kyle shouted dramatically. We all teased him that he was getting soft because of Gabby.

“Your next Daniel, watch out” Miles called to me.

“No way, we’ll make sure he stands his ground” James told him.

“Yeah, there is no way he is going to drive out in the middle of the night to buy ice cream and a movie” Peter told him.

“One time you idiot’s, one time and you never let it go” Gabby yelled. Everyone laughed.

“Oh My God it’s burning” Bree screamed, pointing at the food on the barbeque which was currently burning the sausages and hamburger’s.

Miles quickly turned his attention back to the barbeque.

“James, go get plates” Miles told him. But James was currently sitting down comfortably next to Peter and across from James so he turned to me.

“Dan, go get the plates” he told me. I raised my eyebrows.

“I am your Alpha you know” I told him. He thought about this for a moment.

“True, but you are also a good friend and want to go and see what Amy and Lilly are up to, so on your way you will get the plates and bring them back” he ranted but I had already pushed off the tree I was leaning on and was heading towards the house.

“You owe me” I called to him.

“Don’t lie, you wanted to go” he called. I rolled my eyes. He really could be dumb sometimes.

I walked through the living room and into the kitchen.

“Meat is ready” I announced to the girls. Lilly was just putting the finishing touches on the salad while Amy was buttering and cutting up bread.

“Good, cause I finished the bread like five minutes ago” Amy grumbled.

“Nah uh it was exactly three minutes ago so zip it up pencil case” Lilly told her.

“did you just call me a pencil case” Amy asked in shock. Lilly thought for a moment.

“Yes, now let’s go. I’m hungry” she announced so she and Lilly headed outside while I grabbed the plates then followed, closing the fly screen door behind me. As soon as I was outside I had this feeling that I was being watched. I looked around but no one was there.

“Hurry up Dan before the sausages burn anymore” Bree yelled. I shook away the thought and went back to the Barbeque.

The whole time I was eating I couldn’t shake off that feeling that someone was watching. I got tingles down my spine that made me want to shiver.

I watched Gabby while she sat between Miles legs and wondered what my mate was like. Was she nice? What did she like? What was her favourite food? I knew that Lilly had planned the barbeque to try and get my mind off of her, and because there was meat in the fridge that she didn’t want to go to waste. But my mind kept going back to her.

Guilt pressed at my heart at how I had just left her lying there in the snow. But what could I do. She would have ran if I went human and tried to pick her up or tried to help her and she obviously didn’t trust anyone in my pack. Hell I bet she didn’t even trust me.

I sighed which caught Bree’s attention. She through a carrot at me, which I caught.

“A carrot Bree, seriously?” I asked. She shrugged.

“You haven’t even met the girl yet and you can’t keep your mind off of her” She told me.

“I can to, I wasn't even thinking about her” I retorted with a lie.

“You were to and Can not” she argued.

“Can to” I disagreed

“Can not”

“Can to”

“Can not”

“Can to, what do you think I’m thinking about now?” I asked her.

“That you aren’t thinking about her which is thinking about her because she is ‘her’”

Dam it she was right.

“So I think about her, doesn’t mean anything, I haven’t even met her yet” I argued.

“Exactly, how do you even know you like her?” She asked.

“He’ll like her, you can’t not” Miles told Bree, joining in on our little argument.

“And she’ll like him to” Gabby told her, smiling at Miles lovingly. Those words gave me some hope. She would like me. I wondered what it would be like to be with her. I wondered what she looked like.

The boy’s laughing at me caught my attention.

“What?” I asked. I looked down at my shirt to make sure I hadn’t spilt anything.

“Dude, your whipped over someone you’ve never seen” James laughed.

“Shut up” I retorted.

“Lame come back, very lame comeback” Peter said. I agreed but would never admit to it out loud. Another shiver went down my spine. I was defiantly being watched by someone.

“You seem like you have not only Ant’s down your pants except there crawling up you spine” Lilly commented to me.

“I feel like I’m being watched” I told her. I looked over my shoulder, but no one was there.

Becky

I watched him.

His scent was toxic, a mix of wolf and some other scent that I loved.  It was becoming addicted to it.

I couldn’t explain myself. I felt this longing for him. I wanted him to come to me. I watched him come into view and as he ate.

The smell of food made my stomach grumble and tighten. Hungry. I needed food but that could wait. I liked watching him.

I hadn’t gone back to my pack. As soon as I had finished sleeping I had gone to find him. My pack hadn’t even crossed my mind. I wanted to make sure he was okay. But I also wanted him to come with me.

I snuck closer then I should have dared. My instincts were telling me danger and I almost went back. But he looked over his shoulder at me and I froze.