Forget Me Not

Becky

It was cold

That was the first thing I thought of. A winter breeze blew making me shiver in my human skin. My wolf ached for out but I couldn’t let her. Not at this moment for if they saw me as a wolf they would shoot me again. If they saw me as a human they would be surprised and shocked by my presence and let me go. They’d probably call the authority and get someone to take me to a hospital to get checked out which I couldn’t let happen either but I preferred my chances as a human.

I crouched behind a bush. The only thing keeping this hunter form seeing me. She was fighting to take over; she was making her way forward I could feel my muscles aching to give over. The time wasn’t right just yet though. I needed to lead him away from the pack which I could do as a wolf, but I wanted to lead him specifically deeper into the forest were it would be harder to track us.

My wolf might have speed and instincts but my human had knowledge, and she knew that this man wouldn’t shoot her for as long as she was human. He was after the wolves and the wolves only. Her pack. Wild animals she had come to know as her family had abandoned her.

She was desperately trying to come forward know, but I fought back. I made a quick dash, making sure to make some noise so the hunter would follow. The Russel of the disturbed leaves and the snapping of twigs caught his attention and he started to follow.

I dashed through the forest only making slight noises to keep his attention before ducking behind another bush to hide. My wolf was thrashing inside of me and my wound was aching worse now. I sneaked a peak, it wasn’t too bad. I had had worse. Once so bad that I had kept to an animal shelter and been operated on for the bullet had been stuck in my flesh.

The hunter stopped just ahead of me. My wolf wanted out, needed out, wanted it. My muscles screamed to let her free. For a second I wondered what it would be like to be a normal werewolf, but put that thought away for later, if I got one that was. It was stupid to be thinking of those problems when I had a bad one right in front of me.

I watched the hunter. Why oh why couldn’t he just leave. I could kill him easily, too easily for it to be a challenge but I didn’t want more blood on my hands, but in the end he left me with no choice.

He pointed his gun, a deadly weapon to anything, at a member of my pack that had followed me. Even though I was human, he had been worried about me for I smelt like a wolf. When the hunter pointed the gun at him my wolf howled to be free thrashed against it. I knew as a human I could never do it; kill, even if it meant saving him and so I let her out. She took over, and put more blood on my hands that I didn’t want to take.

Daniel

Someone else was on my land. A rouge that didn’t have permission. I felt it as it headed towards the lake then stopped.

“Kyle, we got a rouge, let’s go” I called out to a random space in the house. I heard his footsteps coming down the stairs.

“How many?” he asked as he jumped onto the landing.

“Just the one, but there could be more on the border, it’s by the lake” I told him, leading him to the front door. He walked beside me and reached to grab his jacket on the stand. I shook my head.

“we’ll go wolf the whole way then come back. It’ll be quicker that way” I explained. He nodded then seemed to think about something for a moment.

“Do you want me to call in Peter and James?” He asked. I shook my head.

“It’s injured, won’t be hard to take down, but I want you to come in case it’s got backup”. He understood and followed me into the front yard. When we reached the forest’s edge, just across the dirt road we sheded are skins and made a run for it.

At the south lake right next to the border, I told him through are mind link.

Got it, he replied, then I took off in the lead letting him follow going fast enough that he was behind but not too fast that he would lose me altogether although he was a good tracker and would be able to find me. I was faster than the other’s and didn’t like slowing down for them. I enjoyed the run and was confident in my fighting skills, but did like the comfort of having backup even if it was just Kyle.

The tree's started to thin as I got closer to the lake, clearing altogether when I got there.

I spotted it. Lying down in the snow, still alive but trying to heal. My heart went out to it instantly. I walked over to it. Her. She opened her eyes at my approach but made no movement. A flesh wounds was in her side. My wolf growled. Who had hurt her? Wait, why did I care. I crouched down in front of her. Looking down slightly to see her eyes. They were impossibly blue. A light baby blue colour, matching perfectly with her patchy grey fur. She whimpered at me, and started to shuffle back.

I growled warningly. She shouldn’t be trying to get away from me. My wolf didn’t like that at all. She listened to my warning and stopped. My wolf wanted her to stay with me, and if he had to he would make her and she obviously sensed that.

She whimpered again in pain, pain that I wanted to take away from her, that i didn't like her having.

The feeling’s that I had were strange. I had never felt this way about a girl. Never. Then it dawned on me what she must be to my wolf.

She was my mate.