The hunt is on- Chapter One

• Dedicated to My amazing friend Lauren

So I hope the prologue was okay. Sorry for any miss spelling

Chapter one

I wondered down the highway pulling my bag further up my arm. The buzzing in my ears had seemed to get louder as I slowly walked into the forest. This is where my parents killer was and I was going to find it.

I set my bag down on the rock nearby and pulled out the gun. It was filled with silver bullets. Just like the old man told me. My hands seemed to shake around it. I fumbled with it as I placed it into my belt. I slowly slid my bag back onto my shoulder and stumbled further into the forest.

My mouth went dry as I entered their territory. A place no human should venture. I rounded a corner and there I saw a bunch of men gathered around a small barbecue. They seemed to laugh at each other's jokes as they handled the stove.

Maybe this was a bad idea. I thought to myself. I shook the thought out of my mind immediately and studied the group of man.

My eye's looked up at the children chasing each other around in circles and their mother's watched them cautiously.

The howl from behind me made them all stop in their fun and play. They seemed to freeze in place "Hunter's" A man shouted "Everyone in the pack house. Jasper. Go scan the nearby area" The man with curly hair nodded and set out into the forest. I could hear the ripping of clothes as he turned.

I stepped behind a tree causing my cover to be blone when I stepped on a broken branch. Their heads snapped towards where I hid. Crap. I came out from behind the tree with my hands up.

"S-sorry" I stuttered. I must look a bit strange to them. A fifteen year old girl who had ventured into the forest. Alone. "I-I followed a w-wolf here. Sorry to interrupt you... barbecue." He studied me before thinking I was safe. He nodded.

"You should go home little girl. The forest is no place for someone like you." I kicked the leaves on the floor.

"You mean an orphan girl?" I questioned him. He gave me a stern look.

"For any young girl like yourself. There are dangerous things in the forest." I pulled out my gun and pointed it straight at him. He seemed stunned before taking a fighting stance.

"You mean something like me? Am I not what you usually see?" I cooed over to him and came out of the shadows of the forest. "Because I know that a girl like me is something that you don't see everyday. Just like you." I watched him turn into a wolf.

His clothes scattered the floor in pieces. I did something that even surprised me. I smirked as he came towards me.

Of cause he didn't realise that he wasted his time talking to me and I shot him straight between the eye's. I killed him instantly. I went towards the now lifeless body and checked it's neck.

Damn it. No scar. I looked up and glared at them all "Where is he?" I asked them. They seemed to back down from me. "Where the hell is he?" They didn't answer my question but stare at me in shock.

I stared at them all "He's not here." One of the men said "Whoever he is. He's not here." I glared at him and the dead body. I looked back up at them.

"This is the price you have to pay for being one of... them." I spat the last word like a curse on the soul.

I stalked out the forest feeling like I had just committed a serious crime. Oh wait. I did. I just killed a innocent man but maybe this man killed humans as well.

This what you live for now, Sierra. Get it together.

XXXXXXX

When I got back to the place I call 'home' I scrubbed myself for hours trying to get the stench and feeling of that awful gun off of me.

I shivered in disgust to see the gun sitting next to the sink when I stepped out the shower.

"Sierra." My foster mother called "Come down and eat you dinner." I left the gun next to the sink and headed back into the bedroom.

"I'll be right down May." I could hear the grumbling of my foster dad about me being a selfish brat before I pulled on my clothes and headed down to the dinning room table. They both sat there. May on one side and Dean at the head of the table. He sniffed and scrunched his nose.

"Did you step in dog sh!t on the way home or something? You smell disgusting" I dropped my head and sat in the spare seat. May looked at me sadly before glancing at Dean.

"Would you like to say grace, honey?" He grunted and bowed his head. He just thanked the lord for the food before glancing at me and saying sorry for all the sins I had committed. Jerk.

I scrunched my hands into fists under the table and looked back up Dean. He was smirking at me. His grey eye's glinted in that horrible amusement he would get when he would say something against me. May bit her pale lips and looked at me.

She was a pretty woman in her thirties who I had formed a nice friendship with in the last thirteen years I've been living with her. Her pale blue eye's seemed to always be gentle and her dark brown hair gave her the look that she had a lot of wisdom to share. Of cause she normally just gave me advise about how not to piss off Dean but everything I do pisses him off.

Obviously he wanted a boy to foster but he got stuck with me.

A messed up orphan girl. Yipe for him.

Once I had finished my dinner I slowly made my way up to my bedroom to quickly change again and fall onto my bed exhausted. I let a big sigh before going into a sleep where I was haunted by nightmares.

The night of my parents death.

Do you think I should do a flashback to her parents death or not?

I don't know if I should or not.

I know it was a bit short and a tad boring but I didn't know what else to say

Anyway

Vote

Comment

Fan