Prologue

~Prologue – Jack~

I stumbled around the thick, ghostly trees of Dandenong Forest. My boss—that was in the shape of a necklace—was gone. Deep into the forest. And now he was calling me. Over the past nine years, I have been watching over my daughter, Lucy, as I have been ordered to do. A strong ache in my chest, indicated that Boss wanted to see me urgently. As I trudged deeper and deeper into the forest, I began to wonder. What was Boss going to do to Lucy? A heavy feeling sat in the corner of my mind. I knew that deep down, he wanted her dead. She lives in the house. The same house on which my wife, Lisa had lived. I grinned at the memory of her face when I had told her the truth about our relationship. I chuckled evilly. She was so foolish. And irritating! My smirk faded as I remembered how she was constantly calling me ‘Jackie’ and how she always wanted to be around me and kiss me. Much too clingy for my liking.

                Now, that black eyed girl…I never knew what her name was, but my heart longed for her. She was perfect to me. Evil. Loves to kill. We have a lot in common. But I had to turn her down, for the plan had to work, or else Boss would severely punish me. Like he did when I started to have strong feelings for Lisa. I frowned. How could I even have feelings for such an annoying excuse of a wife? Breathing in I shoved my hands in my pockets and thought about my daughter. I knew deep down she would die. But I couldn’t help feeling just a little guilty. I mean, she was my daughter. A descendent of me. She had my evil blood running through her veins.

                “This kill shall be difficult…” I muttered unhappily to myself.

                Crack!

                I snapped my head to my right. A twig broke. Under someone—or something’s— foot. I stopped and stared at the spot where I had heard it. About three minutes passed before I decided to move on. The irritating pull in my chest was starting to take my patience. I began taking long strides to reach my destination.

                Crack!

                My head jerked back to my right. I had a feeling someone was following me. My eyebrows furrowed.

                “If there is someone out there, I suggest you show yourself.” I called.

                Nothing. Whatever was following me, either did not have the confidence to attack me whilst I knew it was there, or it was waiting for a good chance to attack me.

                “Argh…” The pulling sensation in my chest was stronger now and it was starting to hurt. I did not have the time to fight with a beast right now. I started running speedily in the direction Boss was in.

                Crack! Crack! Crack!

                I glanced behind me, still running at an extremely fast speed. Shadows of people were following me. But these were no ordinary people. They were running at the same speed I was. But that could only mean…

                “Ahh!” I was tackled to the ground. I struggled with the figure on top of me, who punched me in the face. The figure was moving so fast that I did not see who it was. I gripped its shirt and attempted to throw it off me, but it grabbed my shirt and we rolled sideways and we fell down a short cliff and into a ditch, where I was punched again in the face. Anger raged through me and boiled my blood. I shot a blaze of fire out of my hand and directed it to my attacker. It flew off me and hit a nearby tree with a grunt. It was male. I stood, feeling my rage radiate off me.

                I strode over to where I thrust him. He was on the floor and gripping his back. I grasped his shirt and lifted him off his feet and smacked him against the trunk of the tree.

                “Speak now!” I shouted. “Or I’ll take your life.”

                To my surprise, he started laughing. “I see you still talk like an idiot, little brother.”

                My frown deepened and my grip loosened, but then tightened and I smashed my older brother against the tree again and he grunted in slight pain. I hit him against the tree so hard it toppled over and when it did I thrust him to the ground hard and took pleasure in hearing his pain.

                “Okay, okay, you win!” He coughed shoving me off.

                “Why did one punch his brother in his face?” I spat angrily.

                “Look, firstly, please stop talking like a rich, snobby brat?” he said getting up and dusting himself off.

                I grinned, exposing my sharp teeth. “Oh, but Pete, I am a rich, snobby brat. I am the youngest—and Boss favours me the most.”

                Pete scowled and shoved me. “You’re a fucking basted! You know that! Just ‘cause you’re the youngest doesn’t mean Boss favours you.”

                I pushed him back. “He favours the strong.”

                Pete growled, gripped my shirt and threw me across the clearing, on which surrounded the ditch. I recovered quickly, however and was about to storm over to him to bash his guts out when strong arms pulled me back. I looked behind me. Two of my other brothers were there. Rob and Josh. I struggled against their grip but Hank, yet another one of my brothers came up to me and punched me hard in the stomach. I hated when my older brothers ganged up on me. The rest of my brothers suddenly emerged from the shadows. James, Brian, Patrick, Damian, Gary and Chad. They all took their turn in giving me a punch in the stomach. Pete slowly made his way to me.

                “Remember your place, little brother.” He spat, slapping me across my face. Pete, being the eldest, is quite strong, so his slap hurt like hell, but I was wise to not make a sound. I knew that I was stronger. Boss made me the strongest.

                “And remember yours, Peter.” A voice rang out in the darkness.

                Immediately, Rob and Josh let go of me and stepped back as I almost fell to my knees, but I managed to stay on my feet.

                Boss stepped in front of me. “Hello Jack.”

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do you think of the story so far? It gets really good during it. Hope you enjoy!!!!!!!