Chapter 17: Gold Digger

Start from the beginning

"Miss, I uh- please just calm down. I really think you're not in the right condition to see Mr. Bennet if-" The nurse began, stuttering probably cursing all her instructors for not training her in this type of situation where she would have to deal with a crazed broken down gold digger.

"Lay it on thick." Ghost Harry quickly urged me, trying to hit my arm as I nodded and layed down on the desk, making the nurse retract back in her seat as I cried and placed the back of my hand over my forehead just like Harry did.

"All I want to do is see my little wrinkly prune hunk one last time. Just one more time, to hold his veiny shriveled pale hands in mine and feel his old smelly man breath caress my face." I sobbed, gasping for air as Ghost Harry leaned back, bringing his arms out in front of him, both of his hands forming an 'L' shape as he made a square like a camera taking the perfect screenshot of me breaking down on the front desk of the hospital.

"Why him! Oh God why him! Jesus take me instead! Take me!" I screamed out as I dramatically brought my hand up in the air, tilting my head to the ceiling as if I was reaching out to the heavens above.

"That's right honey, milk it for all it's worth!" Ghost Harry cheered at my side, shaking his head at me in awe as he clapped.

"A-alright miss I guess -I guess we could let you see Mr. Bennet. Just please, please calm down and get off the counter." The nurse beckoned in a desperate plea, looking thoroughly frightened along with her co-workers as I immediatly stopped my crying to look at her.

"Really?" I smiled, my voice back to normal.

She nodded, gulping as she played with the hem of her uniform, obviously flustered with my act.

"Sweet, really appreciate that." I thanked her, quickly sliding off the desk as I regained my composure and fixed my shirt and continued to grin at her.

She frowned, still looking nervous and distressed before she grabbed her clipboard and stepped away from her desk, leading me down the hallways as Ghost Harry and I exchanged smirks, nodding at one another before twiddling our fingers together while Priscilla followed.

"I'll let you have a few moments." The nurse said when she opened the door, revealing an aged sickly looking stick of a man on a bed near a heart and breathing monitor, the slow steady beeps echoing throughout the small white space as I thanked her one last time before she closed the door.

"Ah, good 'ol Mr. Bennet. No please, don't bother getting up it's fine." Ghost Harry said, placing his hands up as he approached the comatose patient before he sat down on the bed while Priscilla hovered silently in the corner of the room.

As I stayed back, leaning against the wall of the back of the room I heard a familiar voice from the room next to this one.

I pushed myself back onto my feet, glancing at Ghost Harry who seemed to be in deep conversation with the unconscious dying man on the bed, telling him he forgave him before I left the room to give him some privacy before moving to the room next door.

"Doc I told you... I still can't feel my legs. I'm in so much pain...." The new Harry who was sprawled on the hospital bed complained, his arm placed over his pained face making me furrow my brows in confusion as I neared him.

"Harry?" I asked, making him raise his arm off his face to reveal his green eyes, giving me a look with a raise of his brow before he gave my body a brief once over with a flicker of his gaze.

"Oh, you're not that hot doctor. Sad." The new Harry tsked with a sigh before he dropped his act and sat himself up on the bed, retrieving a fashion magazine from under his blanket as he leaned against the headboard, turning his attention to the articles in his hand as he skimmed the pictures over.