Chapter One

Jasmine (Jaz)

I sit under the old oak tree listening to the sounds of the wind rustling against the leaves and the sounds of animals running around and chasing each other. It was so peaceful out here in my little secret meadow, listening to my music and drowning out all the realities of life. With my sketch book in hand, I open up to a fresh page. With a steady hand I delicately sketch out the image of a wolf under the full moon with the surrounding forest. Going in with more detail, the wolf becomes powerful and fierce, a protector of the pack. I was completely distracted by my drawing that I did not notice my brother trying to talk to me through the pack link. Snapping my attention to his completely annoying yet deep husky voice.

"Sister dearest! Did you by chance, forget the most important day or my, and the packs, life!" Dimitri all but yelled in my head.

"And what day would that be brother dearest?" I questioned, teasing him loving the fact that I could rile him up with just my words.

"Oh I don't know," Dimitri's voice was laced with sarcasm "maybe it's the fact that it's the crowning of the new alpha and beta!" Dimitri screeched.

"Is that today?" I ask.

"'Is that today?' she asks, of course it's today! Are you serious! How could you forget?!" Dimitri scolded me. At this point I am laughing my ass off, and trying to keep myself from doubling over.

"Dimi, Dimi, Dimi! I was joking! Of course I haven't forgotten! What kind of sister would I be, if I forgot the most important day or my big brothers life?" I say this as I continue to laugh, at what I presume, is his flabbergast face.

" I've just been played! By my own sister! What has the world come to?" Dimitri's exclaims dramatically. Until we both end up in fits of laughter. Oh the making of the abs is excruciating.

"Anyways, I am on my way." With that said, I discontent the link. Quickly packing my art supplies away in my back pack, and slipping, my phone and headphones into one of the pockets, I strip from my clothes and neatly fold them into my bag. I change into my beautiful dark mahogany coloured wolf. I love the colour of my wolf, I am an arrangement of different browns, my main body is a deep mahogany, and my legs and paws fade into softer browns. I also have striking ocean green eyes.

Racing of in the direction of my house, with my bag, filled with my belongings, situated in my jaw. Flying through the thick undergrowth of the woods that surround our pack lands. Loving the feeling of power coursing through my legs with every stride I take, and the feeling of flying, like a bird, over tumbled trees. Sadly my euphoric state suddenly comes to an end, with the sight of my house looming in front of me. Coming to a sudden halt, I shift back, quickly scramble to get my clothes back on, and I hall ass through the back door, running into my room without so much as a complaint from my family, or my brother.

My room, consists of sand wood floor boards, polished to a shine, the walls are white, with one wall having ocean blue accents and swirls, to give the room character. I have a king sized canopy bed, with ocean blue cover, white sheets, and blue and white pillows. My desk is situated across the room from my bed, near the bay windows that lead to my own balcony, they are covered by white and blue patterned curtains. I have two doors also across the room from my bed, one which leads to my bathroom and the other my walk in wardrobe. My bedside tables are covered with pictures of myself with my family and friends, my tall boy is filled with my jewellery boxes and the draws filled will undergarments and art supplies.

Gently setting my backpack by my desk, I strip as I walk to my bathroom, putting all my dirty clothes in the hamper by the bathroom door. Stepping into the shower, I set the water to the right pressure and temperature and set of to cleaning myself up. After my shower I walk out, dry myself off with a towel, wrapping it around myself, I walk up to my mirror, wash my teeth and comb my waist length curly hair. I then do my make up consisting of, foundation, concealer, contour, blush, highlight, and a soft brown smokey eye, with eyeliner (cat eye) and mascara, and to finish the look off, I go with a soft nude lip stick.

Walking out of my bathroom, towards my tall boy, I grab my undergarments. Discarding my wet towel into the hamper, I walk into my wardrobe. Picking out a pair of high waisted black dress pants, the material fitting firmly on my legs. I grab a light brown sleeves dress top, that's is form fitting around the chest and then sits loose around the abdominal area. I also go for my black heeled boots, and black leather jacket to finish off my look, deciding to leave my hair down and in its natural curls.

Satisfied with my outfit, I make my way downstairs, where I see my family waiting for me. My father is dressed in black slacks, and white button up shirt, black dress shoes, and his hair is slicked back, a few grey hairs showing. My mother is wearing an elegant short emerald green dress, that comes down to her knees, with black heels and silver jewellery. Her hair is pulled back into an elegant bun. Lastly, my brother, is dressed in black slacks, a black button up dress shirt, with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows , and black dress shoes, his hair is styled in its natural messy bed head state, that he successfully pulls off.

"Finally, took you long enough to get changed!" Dimitri exclaims, obviously irritated.

"What can I say, it takes time to look this fabulous." I snap back in a teasing tone. Before Dimitri can get a word in edgewise, my father guides our family towards the car. Hopping into the back with Dimitri, we head of to the pack house, where the crowning ceremony is being held.

After the fifteen minute car ride, the pack house came into view. It was a total of five floors, well six if you counted the garage. The main level held the kitchen, dining room, and lounge room. There were French doors that lead the the patio at the back, where the barbecue area was, along with the pool, and soccer/football field. The second floor held bedrooms, plus a game room, and an indoor theatre. The third and forth floors held bedrooms for the pack, and the fifth floor held the bedrooms for the alpha family plus the alphas and betas offices.

At the crowning ceremony, I quickly found my seat, alongside my mother, and the wife and younger daughter of the alpha. Greeting them, we created small talk amongst ourselves, until I smelt the most divine scent I had ever smelt before. It was a mixture of freshly fallen rain and pine. It was intoxicating. Looking around my surroundings, trying not to appear to frantic, I searched for the source of the scent. It didn't help when my wolf started to howl in my head and growl in excitement.

Once the ceremony began, I focused on the stage. That is when I found the source of the intoxicating scent. Standing on the stage, in all his glory, was the son of the alpha. We locked eyes, his catching a gleam in them, his eyes briefly changed colour to that of his wolfs, but he quickly gained control. Blinking rapidly, I averted my eyes, to my brother, and that's when I realised. My mate is the alpha!

*********

Hello my lovely readers!

It's been a while, and I am sorry for that. If you have been with me since that start fi this journey, then you will realise that there have been some changes, pertaining to the book. If you are new, welcome to the family, I hope you enjoy the roller coaster ride of my book.

Anyways I decided to change a few aspects of the book, as I was not happy with the way that it ended up as and just the whole story was cringe!

The characters are all the same and everything, same names, same bad guys, everything, it's just their story that has changed a bit, I am adding a lot more plot line and a lot more detail into my work. Hopefully you enjoy the new changes.

I will try to update as best as I can.

Until then, my lovely readers, enjoy!