Part 2

"How long has it been?" Amethyst asked herself. She knew, and she believed nobody else was aware of it, that she had liked Pearl for quite a long time now. Every time they formed Opal, every time she thought about how Ruby and Sapphire had stayed fused, loving each other through all this time, her mind wandered and thought about how nice it would be if she could just tell Pearl how she felt.

Can't she just give it a shot?

It could be the start of something new.

She just couldn't bring herself to tell Pearl. It made her too nervous. Every time she tried, it just intimidated her enough that she would rescind her attempt at the last minute.

Amethyst liked feigning fearlessness and seeming straight to the point. What many didn't know, however, was her fear of rejection and the multitude of emotions she keeps within her.

It almost annoyed her. She was Amethyst. She was strong enough to fight, and brave enough to face corrupted gems. She wanted to confess, but at the same time, she feared the outcome and shied away.

"Oh well," she thought, "No use sulking around like a sadsack now. It's just another day today. I do it all the time. A day living, knowing this, and I can deal with it. Ugh. I'm hungry. Where is everyone else?"

She grabbed the nearest jar of food and walked upstairs, maybe to watch some of that hilariously weird show that Steven always watched (Why couldn't they just eat ice cream off of the ground? They didn't have to cry about it. Pfffft.) She approached the TV, only to see Peridot busy playing Minecraft, muttering curses under her breath. Opening the jar and finding some cookies in it, (Nice!) she decided to strike up a conversation.