The invitation

Wow. You'd think boys would have enough sense to not come to an all girls school.

I look at the large crowd of estrogen forming near the large windows of our school as several boys open the doors to a beautiful, sleek, black car.

Sighing at how sad this whole thing looked, I shake my head and focus my attention back on one of my favorite books: MAXIMUM RIDE. There was no point in paying attention to what was going on up front. It has happened before, and the only thing that we got from something as crazy as this were horny girls and a lecture from the principal.

I never understood why girls would fangirl over these type of boys, I mean seriously, sagging pants? Do you really enjoy seeing their butts? I don't know, maybe that's your thing. Or perhaps, if we're lucky, we'd get another one with the famous mismatched shoes. Whatever the case, I'm pretty sure my point is clear: it wasn't worth the trouble. Hence the reason why I'm reading a book, which let me tell you, is way more interesting than trying to get a glimpse at them.

"April," Di calls me.

I shoot my head up and send her a piercing glare; or I try to anyway.

"What did I say about interrupting me when I'm reading?" Jeez, I sound a lot like a mom.

I then notice a piece of my hair is out of place, so I try to flatten it back down, but nooooo. That little piece just wants to be defiant right now. Frustrated, I mess up the rest of my hair so it matches with that disobedient, stray piece.

Di, (short for Melodie), was not fazed from the scene with my defiant hair. She was used to that type of thing from me, "I was actually just talking to you," she glares back, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

Di has dark, chocolaty, smooth skin (literally, this girl has like no acne); large, brown doe-like eyes shaded by naturally curled lashes; rounded nose, completed with thick, full lips. She stands at about 5 feet keeping her hair in braids, pulled back into a wild ponytail; and is about one of the loudest people I have ever met.

I lose eye contact with her, embarrassed that she caught me in the act.

"You're blushing," she states, mocking me.

"What?"

"You heard me. You're blush-ing," she enunciates.

"Whatever, just say whatever you were saying." I move my hands in a circular motion as if telling her to proceed.

Her eyes light up with a spark as it does when she begins talking, "So, I got an e-mail..."

I honestly don't know why my school still uses e-mail. I mean, who has the time to pull out a computer and search up Yahoo, or G-mail, or whatever people use these days.

Noticing Di scrunch up her face in disgust, I do the same, so that she believes I'm paying attention, but knowing her, she'll catch me soon anyway.

Di waves her hand in my face, "Are you even listening?" she frowns, obviously annoyed with me.

"Attention!" Our principle, Mr. Watson steps on a platform in the cafeteria.

"Ladies and gentle-," he quickly corrects himself, "Ladies, as you may already know, we have two campuses: an all girls and an all boys. Unfortunately, our all boys campus had to shut down for a while, so we will be housing them for a while. Think of it as helping a friend out and inviting them to stay at your house. They will be staying here until it is time for them to go back."

The crowd erupts into different conversations while I watch three full buses pull in, loaded with more boys than I'll probably ever see in a life time.