Chapter 3: "So it begins"

(Sorry I haven't gotten around to updating my story till now....I got really busy and sorta just forgot about it....but more chapters are to come)

      An hour after the incident in the woods Shadow team one was sitting around the table in team 4's base, talking to Colonel Ryan.
"HOW COULD HAVE THIS HAPPENED!!??" He yelled into the phone, which was on speaker.
"I have no idea sir, the information was faulty?" Evan suggested while sipping on coffee.
"But that would mean a leak in the system," Matt said, " and that is impossible, isn't it?"
" Not impossible but extremely unlikely," I said explaining the system, "someone would have to infiltrate our ranks and do it with in"
" And because we do such extensive background checks it would be highly unlikely"
" No matter how unlikely it is, we need to proceed as if we DO have a leak and find it and terminate it," Colonel said raising his voice to emphasize "terminate".
I drifted of in thought and vaguely heard colonel telling us to get back to hq. I was too busy being mad at myself to listen to it all though. Each Shadow team has its own out-of-country base that only The Unit knows of. It's kind of the teams secrete hide out if they were ever in trouble. I should have made the connection before we head out. Wait a second....
" Give me the mission folder" I told Sarah.
She handed me the folder and I flipped through the pages.
"What is it Cap?" I vaguely heard Colonel say.
     I hung up on him and put the folder down. I couldn't believe my eyes.
     "What's wrong?" I heard Wesley say from the corner of the room.
     "The mission was never in Venezuela. It was supposed to be in Cambodia." I told him
     "Wait what? Then why are we here?" He asked walking towards the table.
     " Because of Colonel." I told him, while looking around at the group.
     "When we got to the hangar, it was Colonel in the cockpit, Colonel who gave us the coordinates and Colonel who said, specifically , that he wasn't there when I asked him. He set us up."
"Why would he do that to us?" Asked Matt sitting up in his chair
"I don't know, what I do know is that we can't let him know what we just found out," I told him, standing up and grabbing my gear, "ruck up and let's get out of here."

4 hours later I was driving my baby down the road. She was a vintage 1967 black Chevy Impala. My dad left it for me after he died during a recon mission in Chad. I had all the windows down and I was blasting my favorite mix of 80s Rock bands. I pulled into my drive way and noticed someone was parked behind Marina's car. I stopped and wondered who it could be.
Just then a loud bang cut through my thoughts. Automatically my colt was in my hand and I ran into the house. When I got there I slowly opened the door and systematically cleared the rooms. I got to the kitchen and I heard laughing. I eased the door open and went in. When I saw who was in the kitchen my gun dropped and I laughed at the scene in front of me.
Wesley was sitting in a pile of broken plates and Marina was rolling on the floor with laughter.
"What happened?"I asked between laughing fits.
Wesley got up with a grunt and said, "I don't wanna talk about it"
"What ever you say bro," I said laughing,"hey is that your car out there"
I turned as I heard a new voice in the room,
"No, that's mine"
It was a woman, around my age with shoulder length hair, beautiful grey eyes and the best smile I have ever seen.
"My names Anna, I work with your sister." She said holding out her hand.
I shook it and turned towards Marina,
"She's one of your assassins?" I asked.
"For the most part." She said quite vaguely.
I decided not to pursue the topic.
"I'm Sam and I work with a private security ag...."
"I know who you work for Sam and I know what your real job is," she said cutting me off.
"Alright then," I said looking at Marina and back, " well it was very nice meeting you, but I hear the shower calling my name and I really shouldn't keep it waiting"
She chuckled at that and I felt a sense of pride welling up.
"Nice to finally meet you to Sam, I hope to see you around." She said half smiling, half blushing.
I could feel the states of Wesley and Marina on my back and it was make me feel nervous.
"Me to," I said kinda rushed, " For you that is....I mean I hope I see you places...I mean I hope I see you to. I am going to stop talking now."
Every one laughed as I left with a red face. I threw my gear in my closet and took my shower. After I read for a while I brushed my teeth and lied back staring at the ceiling.
I was planning on how I could force Colonels hand and reveal his plan. As I fell asleep I thought of the woman I just met.....uhhh....Anna, that's her name. And then I drifted of into the endless blackness and fell into a deep deep sleep.
And so it begins