One

Why do people have so much money? More money than they know what to do with? Here I am sitting in my university auditorium boring my ass off waiting for some big shot CEO, Knight, to show up and 'show us the right path to success' as they put it. I mean I am sure this guy I going to be as old as time itself. And plus times are different now; all his ideas that brought him wherever he is right now can't always work. Market is different now. Not that I know much about this, I am engineering major. So much so that business or any other business related studies are not even my subjects. My best friend Laura, asked me to cover for her. She really wanted to attend this seminar but couldn't because of her dad, who just came from Afghanistan, and wanted to meet his daughter. She wanted to deny since we are in New York and her parents live all the way in Texas, but I assured her that I would write down whatever I felt was important and cover for her. So here I am, with a recorder in one hand and a laptop in another. I was going to vomit whatever I understood from the lecture. Or didn't.

Everyone was quiet but were talking in hushed whispers. I took the time to look around. Girls almost all were occupying the front seats and were wearing what many would call skimpy clothes. I believe that clothes are clothes and don't define a person. Moreover I knew a few girls in front, due to their friendship with Laura. They smiled at me as they saw me here. They knew about me occupying for Laura. They often exchanged notes and did study groups. The only class I share with Laura were occult studies and Yoga. But that didn't stop us from becoming the best of friends.

Suddenly the hushed whispers stopped as we heard the auditorium door open. We all looked back but the light was bad. Two men in suits walked in and they didn't even bother to hide their handguns that were tucked on their waist bands. Then another guy walked in. As soon as he came into the light I could clearly see his face. Hard cheek bones, a jaw that can cut through anything, big full lips, light brown eyes but hold so much anger and frustrations. His aura oozed of arrogance. Well he is not old at all. He seemed like the kind of guy who would say, "Look at me and I will squash you". He walked in like he owned the college. Well alright, buddy. As he was walking down the stairs of our auditorium, his eyes suddenly met mine. He looked at me and slightly, very lowly tilted his face to me. Now no one would've noticed it since it was so slight and low but I did, since I was looking right back at him. He looked a little more but then averted his eyes. He pretended not to see the greeting our Dean had offered him and walked right up to the stage. Now I see why the girls are dressed differently.

Our Dean was a 30 year old man who was just taking care of the university since our old Dean died last year. I won't lie he is an eye-candy. He was the Dean just temporarily till the board found a new more experienced person to fill in. He was single and very good looking. Laura has had a crush on him ever since he stepped up as our Dean.

He was clenching and unclenching his jaw so as to control his anger. Obviously if someone did that to me, whoever the hell he would be he wouldn't leave this place without his hearing a piece of my mind. This was direct insult. But not many people noted this since everyone was busy getting their notes out. Well what were you doing since the last thirty minutes as he was late?

My eyes dart to the God standing on the stage and find him looking at me already. Since I was too busy looking at Mr. Jacobs; our Dean, to notice his eyes on my face. I can see a slight clench in his jaw too when he suddenly averts his eyes from my face and looks around the auditorium. He starts his speech and his velvety voice reaches my ears. Man this man is a beast. A sexy beast. A mouthwatering, sexy beast. A mouthwatering, panty dropping, sexy beast. Adara, stop.

"My name is Lucien Knight and I am here today to give you the basic knowledge about......" and I zoned his out. Lucien is a very sexy name. No matter however good looking he is or however sexy and velvety his voice is, nothing in this world can make me interested in Business Studies. No offence but I just don't understand anything.

Two hours into the lecture and I had not put my head up even once. I was busy either writing for Laura or rubbing my head when all my points jotted down looked all the same to me. I occasionally rubbed my forehead and by back neck, something I do when I don't understand something. Just when I write a point that I did understand, someone taps on my shoulder with what feels like a pen. I turn to see a guy who is smiling at me showing his dimples. I have a thing for guys in dimples. He gives me a can of coke and passes me a piece of paper which I open and read,

For Your Headache ;)

So I guess someone noticed it. I smile in return and open the coke which make a somewhat loud noise compared to the pin-drop silence in the auditorium. I immediately hide the can and look up pretending to look for the source of sound to since everyone was doing exactly that. I hear the guy beside me chuckle and I try to fight a smile. When everyone settles down again, I take a greedy gulp of the coke and instantly feel it soothing my body and head. The rest of the lecture goes smoothly with me just writing notes and not looking up.