Part 2

Thump thump thump thump

Your footsteps are loud, as you continue to run. You look behind you, and don't see your shadow. You stop, and start to laugh hysterically. You cup your head in your hands. You look like a crazy person, but you don't care. You keep laughing. And laughing.

And laughing.

God. That word echoed in your head. Become God. God?! It's impossible for a mere human to become God! You fall to your knees and continue to laugh. The talking of passer byers ceased, the silence around you crippling. There was no sound except for the rustle of the leaves in the wind and your insane laughing. You can't help it. Laughing is the only way to restore your sanity. Something you've lost.

Your laughing slowly turned into a giggle, then silence. Complete silence, besides the cars on the road.

"Wha- WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?!" you exclaim. "I-IM NOT CRAZY!!! I SWEAR!! IT'S THE SHADOW!! IT FOLLOWS ME EVERYWHERE!!"

They keep staring.

"STOP STARING AT ME!!!" you start to run again, beginning to cry. You run across the street, unaware of the truck coming your way. You see it, but it's too late. It slams into you. You scream. The truck stops. You fall onto your back, limp. The driver gets out and freaks out. He hit you. He killed you.

But he didn't.

Your shadow rises above your face. "Play time isn't over, (Y/N)~"

You twitch. You slowly roll onto your stomach, and stand up. Pain is all you can feel. Pain in your gut. Pain in your arms. Your surprised you can even lift your body. Your legs are numb, maybe broken. You stand on them either way. Blood drips from your lips, as well as some deep cuts around your arms and legs. One on your stomach, just below the one on your chest. The one your shadow gave you. Your (F/C) school uniform now stained with blood. You move your arm, and conclude your shoulder is dislocated. These injuries should have been the ones you received from jumping out of a two story building.

God. Become God.

Are you becoming a God? A God of what? A God of shadows? No.. Just immortal.

Play time isn't over~

Is it all just a game? Is the pain ammusing to your shadow? You guess so. You look at the truck driver, his face full of shock, terror, and very little relief. Your eyes widen as you realize everyone was looking. You start to shake and cry.

You hear police sirens. Your heart skips a beat, you stop breathing, your mind shuts down, making you unable to move. Making you paralyzed. You can't breathe, your heart isn't beating. You've run out of adrenaline. You're stuck. You can't do anything, you can't fight, you're useless. Tears keep streaming down your face.

"Oh, dear. It seems play time just ended~" you hear a familiar voice say. Everything else is staticy. You can't hear the people around you screaming, coming to realisation that you're a monster. You survived a devastating accident, something other's wouldn't survive. Hope tingled inside you. You survived being hit by a truck. You survived jumping out of a two story building, that stood 50 feet high. You're strong.

You feel sharp claws run along your spinal cord. Then a finger run across your cheek. You try to move, and you do! You move your arm, then your head. You turn and look at your shadow, who was hiding from the sun on the other side of your body.

Your heart starts beating again, you can breathe, and your mind starts functioning properly. You quickly dart out of the way of youf shadow. You start running, pushing past screaming people. You run as fast and as far as you can. You dall a few times, but you keep standing up. Your knees are dislocated, and your ankle is sprained. Still, you run. You don't stop. The pain is unbearable. But you run anyways.

You. Keep. Running. You decide you should stop. Due to the pain and how exhausted you are, you stop in a shadowy ally. Your breath is all you can hear, then a few footsteps. You look to your right. No one. You look to your left and a fist makes contact with the bridge of your nose. You fall onto your back, and look up.

There was a tall and slender figure. He had a clean appearance. Dispite it being dark as hell, you can see amber hair in the faint light. He looks down at you with bright blue eyes. His shirt was a plain black one, and he wore jeans. He kept staring at you, cupping his fist in his other hand. You hear him pop his knuckles.

"Wh-Who are you?" you manage to get out.

"Someone who wants that bounty" he replies.

"Bounty?!"

He takes out his phone and holds it to you. You read the screen.

(Im using an app that gives me cool fonts. Please comment if you cannot see what it says)

(G/B) sᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴇs ᴅᴇᴠᴀsᴛᴀᴛɪɴɢ ᴄᴀʀ ᴀᴄᴄɪᴅᴇɴᴛ. (G/P) ᴡᴀs ʜɪᴛ ʙʏ ᴀɴ 18 ᴡʜᴇᴇʟᴇʀ. (G/P) ɪs ᴏғ ᴇxᴛʀᴀ ᴛᴇʀʀᴇsᴛʀɪᴀʟ ᴇɴᴛɪᴛɪᴇs, sᴀʏs ᴀ ɴᴜʀsᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴡᴀs ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ sᴄᴇɴᴇ. sᴄɪᴇɴᴛɪsᴛs ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴀʟʀᴇᴀᴅʏ ʙᴇᴇɴ ɪɴғᴏʀᴍᴇᴅ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴠᴇʀɴᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴘʀᴏᴍɪsᴇs ᴀ $10,000 ʙᴏᴜɴᴛʏ ғᴏʀ ᴛᴜʀɴɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ (G/B) ᴀʟɪᴠᴇ.

You gasp, you're wanted by the government, by scientists. But you're a human with a shadow following you around. You're also surprised that news travels that fast. Though, it's been about 30 minutes since you left the street.

"Come with me and no one gets hurt, brat" the guy says.

"I'm not a brat, asshole" you reply. His fist makes contact with your face again, knocking you out this time.